Some random AE86 questions
09-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Hey guys, i'm just making this thread to ask some questions in general about this car. So let's begin.

Is there any brand that makes standard hose pipe kit's for our car, in BLACK? I see SAMCO has but i can only see blue ones.

In the TRUENO version of the AE86, how do the lights work? I'm planing a full restauration to my levin, and a shift to a trueno version, but the pop light's sound different in the way they work to me..

I got a problem with my car, when i drive in highways, it blow's the water through the expansion bottle, when it get's cold, it always drains all the water in the bottle. FACT: The car never heats up, and i have a leak by the water pump. What may be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance!
Regards
Find all posts by this user
09-16-2011, 09:50 PM
To answer your second question:
The difference between the lights of the Trueno/GT-S/SR-5 and the Levin is to be found in the necessity of the headlights to pop up when they are turned on. This is done with a a small black box the called retraction relay containing a bit of logic depending on the input (so if the low or high beam or manual mode are turned on the headlights should flip up, but not when using the city lights). Also the light switch on the dash is a bit different since it has a manual mode to flip up the lights to enable you to switch a broken bulb. Not sure if you also need an extra fuse/relay slot in the relaybox.

If you are going to switch the front you may best get both the original wiring and the switch.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Some random AE86 questions]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-17-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm pretty sure our trueno here has a levin lightswitch...you just skip the manual-open mode and that's about all there is to it.

Popuplights are very different electrically. Physically you only need to remove a (spotwelded) bracket behind the light to be able to mount everything.
If you are not comfortable with electrical work, dont convert it.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-17-2011, 09:26 AM
pack Wrote:Hey guys, i'm just making this thread to ask some questions in general about this car. So let's begin.

Is there any brand that makes standard hose pipe kit's for our car, in BLACK? I see SAMCO has but i can only see blue ones.

SAMCO makes black hoses. Special delivery. 4-6 weeks. But there are others: OBX, Autobahn88,...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Radia...231198b0f8
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COROLLA-L...1c1e87a59f

http://monkeymagic86.wordpress.com
09-17-2011, 07:35 PM
I have not tried it myself, but in Youtube I saw a tuning video, where was a tip that You can tape over blue hoses with black tape. I dont know what tape was used, but sounds like a good idea.
09-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Wow, now that's a top tip Blush

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-18-2011, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the replies!

The thing about the pipes, is the cops, they always want to check more about the car, and i don't want them to be asking questions..... if it's black it's cool, if not they always want to check more.....

Bout' my water problem, i think my valve head needs a new joint.... Later i will probably retune the engine... when i get the money for that! It's never been opened in 25years, so i guess it's time now!

Finally about the TRUENO light's, i agree, it's probably better to buy all the wiring instead of trying to get it by myself, maybe it get's easier!

Kind regards
10-03-2011, 01:56 PM
New question about AE86 stuff!

I've been doing this past days a minor maintenance in my AE86.

I'm thinking of buying a new air intake system. Powered by a good air filter.

So my question now is, which one should i buy? I am thinking of the apexi one.... it's a good air filter? Always tought of it as a nice product.

HKS has some good filters aswell.... Dunno which one i should by.

Regards
10-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Doesn´t realy matter if you choose Apexí, HKS, K&N, Pipercross, or whatsoever...

Buy what you like Smile

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zenki Trueno Stickers and Paint code questions andyling 1 2,980 05-05-2012 12:56 PM
Last Post: andyling
  some general questions on the car i will buy ditn 28 23,105 10-07-2011 06:41 AM
Last Post: ditn
  Newbe Questions: dsrxems 7 6,032 02-13-2010 03:13 AM
Last Post: Gnugfur
  hi aeu86 forums. i'm a noob and i have questions. ddldave 5 5,329 09-19-2007 09:17 AM
Last Post: Mux213
  Ive got some good news, and some bad news. Knudsen 35 23,186 03-02-2007 08:55 PM
Last Post: Jan Pedersen