My GT coupe
03-19-2006, 07:08 PM
My GT coupe
The project stopped for a while because my aw11 broke down and most of my time is consumed by other stuff.

But there is an update in this topic,ofcourse there were the bushings that i ordered in the group buy and i ran into something cool as well.

I bought a set of coilovers someone was selling.The strut say TRD and there is a code somewere saying ae85-something.I don"t know if these are the real deal but i would have bought them anyway.

I compared them to the coilover my brother has, the set that i have is much heavier, I have a dial in the strut wich seems to adjust the resistance of in and out of the shock.The spring i think is extreme, thick, big diameter and very stiff.Well we see if it is driveable on the streets.

The overall it looks alot better then the ones my brother has,nicer welds, everything is bigger,especially compared to stock.Like the rod from the shock has a bigger diameter.

Too bad the set isn"t complete,i need RCA's and camber plates to make this thing work.

I don't know about the spring,it is blue and it fits the set perfect.Could this be a TRD spring too?

Does anybody have any suggestions to make a complete setup for my car?If i put this in front, what should fit nice on the backside?

btw, It says made in Japan, If anyone know these type's of coilovers,could they tell if the shock is replaceable if it would break down?

I'm happy it is working great right now.

Greetz,

Wouter

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Real men race downhill
Find all posts by this user
03-19-2006, 07:14 PM
My GT coupe
Looks good!

I think I've seen the double ring coilover set on club4ag a few times before. No clue what they are thoughSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-05-2006, 10:30 PM
My GT coupe
I found out the coilovers are real TRD stuff, somebody I know is gonna make custom camberplates for me.He is going to make them by lasercutting or something at his work, I'll update when they are done!.

Today i disassembled my old rear axle, the one where the propellor shaft has to turn 1.5 round before the wheels begin to turn.A true mystery which is now a bit more obvious.

Real men race downhill
05-05-2006, 10:52 PM
My GT coupe
We took the unit out and at first sight everything looks ok,there is no real damage to ring and pinion,all bearings look fine and there are no teeth missing or something.

The clutch members are damaged for sure, i also found small pieces in the housing between the oil.

When i turn the pinion there seems to be nothing wrong, but when i put an axle in and stop the movements when i am turning the pinion something happens,there is a resistance building up and then something suddenly skips or something.I think it has something to do which the clutch or the LSD part.I have to take it further apart but too bad, i didn't have a fitting puller for the side bearings, maybe i'll pick one up this week.

keep you posted

Real men race downhill
05-05-2006, 11:17 PM
My GT coupe
Nice work! I'm doing the same thing - allready got the parts needed, just have to find the time to put it back together Smile

BTW my axels came right of... And I saw some that where twisted even more - they have had a lot of abuse :!:

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My GT coupe]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2006, 03:16 AM
My GT coupe
I have a differential in my shed with the same problem... tailshaft could be spun around twice before the wheels actually moved... but I bought a complete rear end for 100€ and haven't bothered looking at whats wrong with the broken one... and haven't had to much time either.

Always remember: Rev it till it blows, then back off a bit...
Zenkis - Orange, Red/Black, Silver/Black, Maroon/Blue
Koukis - Red, Silver/Gray,
05-06-2006, 11:06 AM
My GT coupe
100 euro for a complete rear axle, thats quite a nice price.I also bought another one at the time and it is in a very good state so out of curiosity i started to disassemble the old one.

If the gears and teeth are not damaged a rebuild kit might be enough.

Real men race downhill
05-06-2006, 10:07 PM
My GT coupe
wouter,youre diff is busted and if you want some top mounts for the trd shocks,i've got a set for you,only not adjusteble

sr86 completed!!........漂うことのマスター!!!!
05-07-2006, 03:51 PM
My GT coupe
go trd 1.5 way :-) never breaks!

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
03-02-2013, 06:43 PM
My GT coupe
still alive...

gisteren apk geweest , nog 2 punten.de uitlaat lekt, en de balken waar de achterbumper op aansluit moeten nog een klein beetje gerepareerd worden.aanstaande vrijdag herkeuring.

laatste keuring 2001, wat heerlijk om weer te rijden!!

keep you posted

Real men race downhill