My GT coupe
02-02-2015, 01:00 PM
My GT coupe
(02-01-2015 04:23 PM)wouter86 Wrote:  as a side quest i wanted to fit 1NZ coil on plugs, its not as easy as i thought, the diameter is bigger than the blacktop spark plug hole.So i tried to bring the diamater back somewhat on the lathe, the isolator housing just cracks no matter how easy i go.I measured the isolator housing but its quite thin to begin with, tried to file one down with care but the COP will just get stuck, anyone suggestions on how to do this?COP without the isolation seems a bad idea.

Mine were just sanded down to suit Smile
Then you will need some sort of Coil block to hold it in though!
Find all posts by this user
07-12-2016, 02:26 PM
My GT coupe
The corolla is still alive and well, has MOT and is stored right.The project is a bit at a standstill, i know it deserves betterCrying

I have been working on a different project which on the long run the corolla will benefit from.

Its a 1986 ford transit, converted from the crappy VV carb including lpg to a full fledged megasquirt bi-fuel injection engine, including LPG-G3 vapour injectionCool.

We build everything ourselfes, but we cheated by using a ford injection intake manifold.

on petrol it runs like a charm, on lpg it doesn't get a stable AFR and power is not optimal, need some digging on the internet about whats happening here, we used resistor packs for the gas injectors to use them as hig impedance but the gas injectors need 3.8 ms deadtime before they even start to open.Undecided

Top speed 150 km/h+TongueTongue
Power and torque values unknown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x-azCrcdG8

Real men race downhill
05-30-2018, 08:43 PM
My GT coupe
hey guys still alive. in the meantime my brother obtained a maho mh900c CNC machine and i used fusion360 to make my cooling bypass plate for the blacktop 4age.

next up on the list is the dizzy relocation kit, should be a good challenge as a next step since it becomes an assembly.

keep you posted!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Real men race downhill
05-30-2018, 11:33 PM
My GT coupe
Nice one! Smile
05-31-2018, 09:01 PM
My GT coupe
Looks good and great to see you are back on the project again! Thumbs up!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My GT coupe]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2018, 07:37 PM
My GT coupe
the first part of the dizzy relocation kit is ready, next up is part2, the part the rotor has to be mounted on.It has to be put on the camshaft wheel

Real men race downhill
08-28-2018, 10:43 PM
My GT coupe
That's some work put in there, even with the CNC handling the donkey work, awesome Smile
08-29-2018, 01:38 PM
My GT coupe
(08-26-2018 07:37 PM)wouter86 Wrote:  the first part of the dizzy relocation kit is ready, next up is part2, the part the rotor has to be mounted on.It has to be put on the camshaft wheel

Do you have blueprints for this part?

My car even older than I.

Dec. 1983 zenki Levin coupe AE85 swapped to 4age16v from ae92 and other needed stuff and RHD to LHD
Nov. 1985 kouki Trueno hatchback AE85, with 86s suspension, @3A + A42DL, RHD
08-30-2018, 09:30 PM
My GT coupe
(08-29-2018 01:38 PM)KoJl6ACA Wrote:  
(08-26-2018 07:37 PM)wouter86 Wrote:  the first part of the dizzy relocation kit is ready, next up is part2, the part the rotor has to be mounted on.It has to be put on the camshaft wheel

Do you have blueprints for this part?

yes i have but it is a prototype, mine is not running with a bearing so i need to check if it is going to work

Real men race downhill
09-01-2018, 10:12 PM
My GT coupe
made the part where the rotor should be mounted on.2x m4 holes, 1 5mm holes complete through for mounting on the locating pin of the camshaft wheel and a 6.5mm hole for the locating strip that sits inside the rotor.

i need to test how this turn out in terms of vibration since it still quite a long part.in the worst case i need to make it run in a bearing at the top.

Real men race downhill