Jezza HR's Project..now with 20V goodness
07-13-2006, 01:59 PM
There are just too many downsides to FRP on a daily driver..
They dont handle road debris flying up too well, and they are also difficult to get as perfectly smooth as a stock bonnet (due to wavyness around where they are grafted to the support frame.) I wouldnt feel safe using one without bonnet pins, and those would make the car look less clean.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-15-2006, 08:50 PM
What seat is that you have on driver side look's like it can be adjusted so people can step inside the vehicle so one i will buy in future too :wink: .

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005
Find all posts by this user
07-23-2006, 07:59 PM
It's a TRD bucket seat.
07-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Right it looks like my fiance is getting herself an FD RX7, so thats me behind by approximately 100BHP so I'm looking into possible ways of moving this project forward Big Grin. I'm contemplating weight reduction (Aircon is being considered since my fiance would have it in the FD and would no longer need it in my car) and despite claims to not do it, an FRP bonnet. For power i'm considering uprated cams with ITBs but dont know where to start, a 20V conversion could be worth a look in, in the future so dont want to go too OTT on the current 16V.

In terms of chassis and suspension, it's pretty much as solid as its going to get in performance. I may look into getting some 15" wheels for a bit more stability and not all out drift. The only thing that is urgently needed is an adjustable lateral rod for my wheel alignment, other than that I cant complain at all. The work was close to perfect from the off, although i'm still stretching the cars legs to find out if there is anything I would like to change.

Any opinions on where to start would be helpful Thumbs up!
08-01-2006, 08:22 AM
What purpose is your car going to serve? Drift/track/street? You'll just have to decide what you can live with mod-wise. Personally I find cars with stripped interiors very annoying to live with on a day to day basis. You'll ruin your hearing before you reach 30 (if you havent reached that age already that is).
Why do you need to do anything just because your fiance got her/himself(ahem Tongue you never know) a faster car?

Personally if the car is a daily driver I'd just get rid of the aircon (keep it somewhere in your basement or sell it), sort out the suspension and be done with it. You wont notice the FRP hood anyway, if you dont go all the way with the rest too. Want to go faster, drop a 20v or GZE in...

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2006, 08:35 AM
It will be used for track use aswell in the future. Primarily its a daily driver. I think I will look deeper into my options and do a bit more research
08-10-2006, 10:43 PM
thats a bloody nice trueno, i remember seeing that on driftworks last year as well, hows the progress on it?
08-10-2006, 10:44 PM
thats a bloody nice trueno, i remember seeing that on driftworks last year as well, hows the progress on it?
08-10-2006, 11:06 PM
I can certainly say the car is a very prime example and has served me very well in the short time ive been the owner. I intend to make some progress with it but would like to sell my old car first. It shall hopefully be ready by next weekend.

My list of things to do next on the Trueno

Change oil everywhere (goes without saying)
Get an adjustable lateral rod
Put on my Poly Bushes
Get wheel alignment and tracking done
Get the car undersealed before the winter
Look into possibilities of a little softer suspension set up
Get my new paint guy to touch up the scratches

and then later
uprated cams and ITB's or...
20V 4AGE
Thumbs up!
08-11-2006, 03:27 PM
softer suspension haha. yeah i think mine would be rock hard and london roads arent very car friendly,

you sound like you got a big project coming up mate. you in london? if you need a hand at anything let me know. i dont know anythign about cars but i can make a cup of tea.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another AE86, Duracell. Now with VEMS, and cage... Uzelac 62 83,005 06-22-2015 02:56 PM
Last Post: Uzelac
  AE86 from Portugal (restoring gearbox now...) Homem Bomba 13 21,577 01-01-2013 11:45 PM
Last Post: Homem Bomba
  Levin Coupe from Croatia - NOW SR86 with IRS ZaX 698 670,308 10-01-2012 08:07 PM
Last Post: ZaX
  My 20v booter project diggerdolan 2 5,104 10-01-2012 04:45 PM
Last Post: zenki
  Doc's KE20: - really coming together now The Doctor 548 478,765 08-03-2011 11:57 AM
Last Post: The Doctor