Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
08-23-2026, 08:43 AM
Post: #681
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
Fantastic to see your car getting there finally!!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: seeing RED]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
Find all posts by this user
08-23-2026, 11:56 AM
Post: #682
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
Congratulations!

I fully support the choice of colors! :-D
Find all posts by this user
08-23-2026, 02:10 PM
Post: #683
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
simply lovely

-MK7 GTi
-Evo 5
-AE86 Levin
Find all posts by this user
08-24-2026, 11:46 AM
Post: #684
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
That's awesome progress! now the fun part of the build can begin Smile
Find all posts by this user
08-25-2026, 12:02 PM
Post: #685
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
Great stuff!

Philip
Find all posts by this user
09-12-2026, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2026 09:58 PM by Ivan141.)
Post: #686
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
After that last rather spectacular update I'm back to form bringing you boring updates once again.

Since the car has been painted, not much has been achieved.
I have started puzzling the door innards and all of the weatherstripping back together slowly. Spent lots of time digging through boxes full of parts that have been sitting in corners for way too long.

What ends up coming out is often times discouraging. Lots of pieces with copious amounts of overspray that needs to be cleaned off before it is allowed to go near my painted body.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: seeing RED]
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: seeing RED]
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: seeing RED]

I've also gotten around to cleaning the interior up a bit. It was full of bondo dust from all the prep work, and it needs to be clean before the floor deadening goes in.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: seeing RED]
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: seeing RED]

All this digging around in boxes sometimes comes with suprising and painful discoveries. In 19 years, 3 house moves and 2 car moves stuff gets lost.
I cant imagine having thrown anything 86 related away, but I managed to lose:
-Cowl trim (bottom of windshield cover)
-A pair of good (but blue) door cards
-A lot of HVAC stuff (ventilator + ducting)
I am sure Im missing even more items that are not on this list but I've been a busy little bee tracking down replacements and trading good money for them. Many thanks to Koen for kindly letting me nose through his parts hoard to help complete my puzzle.
I've managed to buy everything on my list apart from 2 duct pieces and found an extra rear window in better nick than my old one too.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2026, 10:02 PM
Post: #687
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
Has it been 19 years since you dismantled the car? Huh
Good to hear Koen was already able to help you out! Thumbs up!

I have the opposite at the moment: due to 3 car moves, I found a lot of parts for cars that I sold years ago. For instance, I found a set of front disks for a Celica RA63, HVAC ducts for a Celica, a set of brake liners for the Carina rear drum brakes and the fuel door and trunk release cable for a Japanese Carina AA63.

1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: seeing RED]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2026, 11:13 AM
Post: #688
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
it was taken off the road in 2007. Did not take it apart until a few years later though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Pixel 8a met Tapatalk

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2026, 02:15 PM
Post: #689
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
(09-12-2026 09:56 PM)Ivan141 Wrote:  After that last rather spectacular update I'm back to form bringing you boring updates once again.

These updates are not boring Smile great to see a car being build again!

(09-12-2026 09:56 PM)Ivan141 Wrote:  All this digging around in boxes sometimes comes with surprising and painful discoveries. In 19 years, 3 house moves and 2 car moves stuff gets lost.
I cant imagine having thrown anything 86 related away, but I managed to lose:
-Cowl trim (bottom of windshield cover)
-A pair of good (but blue) door cards
-A lot of HVAC stuff (ventilator + ducting)
I am sure Im missing even more items that are not on this list but I've been a busy little bee tracking down replacements and trading good money for them. Many thanks to Koen for kindly letting me nose through his parts hoard to help complete my puzzle.
I've managed to buy everything on my list apart from 2 duct pieces and found an extra rear window in better nick than my old one too.

Glad to be able to help Smile If I manage to find those two duct pieces, I'll ship them to you. Would have been part of the deal anyway if you would have remembered that you needed them Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
09-26-2026, 03:00 PM
Post: #690
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
Crazy to finally see it with paint again!
Find all posts by this user


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gtsi-R red'n black coupĂ© Gtsi-R 147 181,671 02-03-2022 02:43 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Red over Black UK Ae86 RobH69 5 20,336 02-03-2011 02:01 PM
Last Post: Bean
  my 1984 red over black corolla gt davegtcoupe 3 12,714 10-12-2010 08:14 PM
Last Post: davegtcoupe
  Red panda coupe...rebuilded vladx_kc 98 129,756 07-24-2008 07:08 PM
Last Post: robokill
  Red Dragon islade 72 96,872 03-01-2008 04:37 PM
Last Post: islade
Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us | AEU86 | Return to Top | Return to Content