Initial-D The Movie
10-25-2004, 05:01 AM
Initial-D The Movie
http://zombie.bigboon.com/eric/multimedi...itialD.wmv

After all cartoons there's comming a movie.

I heard that they stick to the story from the cartoonseries, so thats a good point.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
10-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Initial-D The Movie
I heard already they were making a movie, but I hadn't heard of a making offSmileSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-25-2004, 08:48 AM
Initial-D The Movie
Moved this one to initial D btw.

Loved it, pretty cool to seeSmile Have to ask my GF to translate it thoughSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-25-2004, 10:05 AM
Initial-D The Movie
The Doctor Wrote:http://zombie.bigboon.com/eric/multimedi...itialD.wmv

After all cartoons there's comming a movie.

I heard that they stick to the story from the cartoonseries, so thats a good point.
Hmmm, from what I heard is that Natsuki (Takumi's gf) is Ryosuke's gf in the live action. This is a major difference in storyline since she plays a big role in Takumi's skill development. E.g. blowing up his engine out of anger and regretting to do so because in his opinion the car died and will never be the same.

The movie will be filmed in Japan and China, racing scenes are probably all set in Akagi. Other scenes will be filmed in China and the movie will be in Cantonese.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Initial-D The Movie]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Initial-D The Movie
who's the stuntdriver for the hachi??....Ueo?? Cool
10-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Initial-D The Movie
Nah they should make a holylwood production of it caus hollywood spents more money and because the american hype is almost of the same hight as the one from japan it would be better for sales though its fun i will whatch it for sure

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
10-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Initial-D The Movie
robokill Wrote:Nah they should make a holylwood production of it caus hollywood spents more money and because the american hype is almost of the same hight as the one from japan it would be better for sales though its fun i will whatch it for sure

remember the TFATF-effect?

No way that a Hollywood production would be better for 'us' AE86 drivers/enthusiasts.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
10-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Initial-D The Movie
Yeah I rather have a HK production than a Hollywood production aswell. Hollywood will make this into one pumped up "this is a cross between tokyopop translation and hiphop tough guy street raceing scene" movie. Can you just picture it, Takumi with tattoo's, Iketani drives a mustang instead of a S13, Kenji has a hummer with 24" wheels with those spinner rimms, and after a booring night out at the local mountain they end up in vegas' desert to do some quick 10 second quarter miles.

Thats Initial D hollywood style! If you can drift with 900+hp, why bother with a 130hp car?!?

One only has to view Tokyo pops english dubbed version to know where that would be headed to.

With a HK/Japan production you can be pretty sure they atleast stick pretty close to the original feel of the series. Sure they will have to change the story, you have no choice, you cant fit 38 episodes into a 1.5 hour feature film and keep it good.

People tent to forget that the only reason HK and Japanese movies are not very popular here is not because they are not good, its because the Asian style of movies does not appeal to us westeners, we dont relate to it. Only a fraction of the anime movies comming out in Japan makes it here because they will be bought by the masses. Pokomon, dragonball Z, digimon, you name it. You wont see Oh My Goddess appear on TV very soon eventhough its a brilliant series, same with GTO (no not a pontiac!) which is one of the best series I've seen but wont be understood or liked if you have no interest in japanese culture. Same with HK productions, I've seen a couple because my GF is HK which are brilliant, but they wont hit mainstream here because they do not appeal to us westeners.

Heck even here in Holland they tried to make a HK styled movie called Fighting Fish. Any martial arts loving person would enjoy that movie, but it flopped desparately because the target group is 0.000001% of the dutch population. It probably does do well in HKSmile (oh yeah, and I liked fighting fishSmile, it was a nice movie, not great, but very nice).

Initial D is basically the same, it is only liked by people who like drifting (although many didn't know they liked drifting until they've seen initial DSmile). But still that is a relatively small group of people. Thats why you wont see Initial D on the telly (unless maybe now in the USA in glorious american dub), it just wont hit high enough ratings for that.

I doubt the movie will even be released outside of asia, we'll only be getting it fansubbed as usual...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Initial-D The Movie
But that's not a problem i think...
Keep it "underground" so that not all of those VW Golf Ricers want to drift too.

5 years ago almost everyone walked completely beside an RX7 or a Supra and called them "Japanese Junk"

But now, every ricerboi gets a hard one from those TFATF cars.
i hope that that isn't going to happen with the AE86 (and S13 and so on).

-Shinji Minowa
10-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Initial-D The Movie
cool.. been searching for it on the net for a long while now....

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Initial D Mux213 2 15,854 01-17-2020 08:07 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Initial D typing game reviewed by LGR banpei 6 7,456 04-13-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Initial D Lyrics banpei 2 9,754 03-21-2014 05:17 PM