Impreza Group-N project.
12-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Impreza Group-N project.
A showcar??
The car is there to drive.

Of course it is very special but I will go on Track with it and participate in hillclimb and slalom.
It should be quite competitive, still need to sort some stuff and the registration process is killing me here.

Currently I am running Speedline wheels in 18" with approx. ET20 and some 25mm adapters in the rear. I wanted to get rid of the adapters in the rear but it is impossibl to get such an ET or something close to it on PCD 5x100

You can drop me a mail if you want to know more about it, but I am quite busy at the moment. So it might take a few days to get an answer.

I will post some pictures when it is ready.

If you need help or parts just let me know. A friend of mine has a lot of JDM parts in stock at the moment.

Cheers

Speed Industries
Hurdnerwaeldlistr. 73
8808 Pfaeffikon
Switzerland
e-mail: [email protected]
phone: +4155 420 15 69
page: http://www.speed-industries.ch
MSN: [email protected]

We have all the parts your Hachi needs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Impreza Group-N project.
What kind of offset are you looking for?
A friend of mine has a wheelshop, maybe he can have a look.

I have most parts for my car already, maybe I will need a separate aluminium intercooler core, I'm building my own radpack (FMIC/radiator combined).
But if something comes up, for the Impreza or Hachi or Hachi I will ask you. Thumbs up!

What I'm really looking for are steel wide rear fenders, I have them in polyesther but they are prone to cracking, although the stiffness of my chassis compared to a normal one will the reduce chance of this I still would really much like to have the steel version.

greets
Find all posts by this user
12-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Impreza Group-N project.
I would need 18x8,5 ET20 front and 18x8,5 ET-5 rear I guess.

Where are you located?

Drop me a mail for this, mine are steel. :wink:

Speed Industries
Hurdnerwaeldlistr. 73
8808 Pfaeffikon
Switzerland

12-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Impreza Group-N project.
we had a sti 2 door with the 22b kit on it..the owner doesnt want to spend the money on wide offset wheels (as there really arent any made in 5x100pcd) bar 22b wheels itself.

we looked into it and found 22b chassis still had the same mounting points in the suspension, so it only leads to offset close to zero in the wheels...

and Aram, you can always fit GD sedan arms with adjusting bolts in the back to wind out the camber, its gives about another 30-40 mm combined
12-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Impreza Group-N project.
@Speed-inc.

Email sent. Thumbs up!

@Andy,

If the 5x100 are not available I will either work with adaptors or go the expensive way and change the hubs to MY05> which have 5x114.3 if there is more choice of wheels in that pcd.

I already have the wider supension arms in the rear, I came to 15mm per side. Thumbs up!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Impreza Group-N project.]

My rally-friend said that was also the widest they have on their cars.
But I will change it for the version with pillowballs, plus I will buy the Prodrive reinforced subframes for front and rear.

I heard a rumour that the MY05/06 spec-c front wishbones have a better geometry than the standard STI, ever heard of it?

Still thinking about changing to pillowball in the front but the most information about the cars behavior comes from the rear anyway so I'm not sure if it's worth the cost.

greets
12-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Impreza Group-N project.
@ dinges my name on SCN is dennismy97 but i'm having trouble with my acount

@ speed-inc i have rota's on my sub and the et is 53 check them out or take a look at http://www.pitbox.nl

Greetz dennis

Burn rubber and not your soul
12-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Impreza Group-N project.
dinges Wrote:My rally-friend said that was also the widest they have on their cars.
But I will change it for the version with pillowballs, plus I will buy the Prodrive reinforced subframes for front and rear.

I heard a rumour that the MY05/06 spec-c front wishbones have a better geometry than the standard STI, ever heard of it?

Still thinking about changing to pillowball in the front but the most information about the cars behavior comes from the rear anyway so I'm not sure if it's worth the cost.

greets

hope you win the lottery...we are trying desperately to get a homoglated tube frame rear crossmember for the gc, ots only a prodrive item...and 2nd hand ones are still going for 1000 pounds, plus the frieght over here is rediculous Undecided and since group A cars used a fuel cell, the rear crossmember triangulates far forward where the standard tank was...for strength...ive only ever seen the tech drawings for them, but yesm they are mouthwatering.

yes i can confirm that 06, not 05 front arms give slightly better positive castor (tried vs 02/03 arms) the rally car had gd rear arms and 02 front then 06 arms, but it was very very oversteery, so we went back to alloy GC front arms and rose jointed the rear control arms (lateral ones still standard). The effect is huge, the rear end no longer shifts around in corners.

keep in mind there is no sway bar in the back so its kind of diferent to a road car
12-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Impreza Group-N project.
Andy,

Subframe:

I should have mentioned the reinforced subframes are the group-n ones, not Group-A/WRC.
The subframe on the picture will be reinforced with plates and seamwelds.
There are kits available or complete subframes from Prodrive, because of the Group-N regulations they willl fit a street car without adjustments.

The tube-like Group-A/WRC subframe will not fit, my cage doesn't have the extension to the point (I believe it ended smack in the middle of where the rear seats used to be.) on which that triangular section of the subframe is attached to.
So group-N stuff is fine, it will be stiffer than standard that's already a big improvement. Wink

Of course if I could get hold of the WRC frame I will adjust the cage on to it and switch tanks too, I do believe it's good enough to worth the extra work and penny's. Cool

About the arms:

So you are telling me the normal GC alu arms give the most neutral set-up?
I have the 5mm wider WRX ones, what is the drawback on those?

So you guys don't have rose joints on the front suspension, that kinda confirms my thoughts. Cool
12-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Impreza Group-N project.
well we thought to be quick in the gc (we are the last few ppl running a gc). we would have to run a wide track to keep up with the newer spec c's..

it just never worked. how does you car drive with the track being wider?

and yeah, front arms are not rose jointed..all solid rubber bushes there.
12-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Impreza Group-N project.
If you need parts, just let me know.

These are all from a friend, sorry for the german but just copied it from another thread:

STi RA
71tkm, RHD, Auspuffanlage, Motor i.O.
Preis wie er ist: 12'000 Euro
Preis für Ersatzteile: 2800 Euro
Das Auto kann auch von ihm aufgebaut werden. Umbau auf LHD auch möglich. Arbeit ist billig wo er ist.

STi Spec C Motor (longblock)
13tkm, ECU gegen Aufpreis auch dabei
6500.- Euro

STi Motor (longblock)
4400.- Euro

STi V4 RA ('96)
100tkm, Käfig, Auspuffanlage, Felgen, RHD, bereits verzollt in der EU
6000 Euro

STi Getriebe 6 Gang
mit hinterem Diff (Sperre und 3.9) 5200.- Euro
ohne Diff 4400.- Euro

STi Getriebe Spec C
mit hinterem Diff (Sperre, Dccd, 4.4) 6300.- Euro

Diverses:

17" Speedline, 5x, Satz mit 4: 800 Euro

15" Speedline oder TOORA, 40x, Satz mit 4: 550 Euro

17" Speedline, gold, 8-10x, Satz mit 4: 800 Euro

17" STi original, gold, ?x, Satz mit 4: 800 Euro

Diese Preise sind ohne Pneus.

Antriebswellen:
normal 300 Euro
Prodrive 700 Euro

STi Ladeluftkühler, 3x, je 500 Euro

I also got some stuff in stock, but just very little. I only get it on request usually.

@rdlover
ET53 would never work. I have ET20 now and need some smaller ET in the rear. And I kind of not like Rota's. But thanks anyway.

Cheers

Speed Industries
Hurdnerwaeldlistr. 73
8808 Pfaeffikon
Switzerland

Possibly Related Threads...