Ignition coil
05-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Ignition coil
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ignition coil]
Please, can someone post a pic of the ignition coil and the parts around it(built in, stock) of the 4age. In the red squares are the things i would like to see (close up, hires if possible). I have some questions but let's see the thing first...

Thank you Smile
Find all posts by this user
05-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Ignition coil
There is a simple cilindrical coil underneath the little aluminium igniter unit housing. They are just strapped together. So it's your basic coil with 2 small terminals with wires to the igniter and a single spark output to the distributor. The igniter has a few signal lines to the ECU. Dont have any usefull pictures handy, but I'm sure there are loads hidden deep inside the forum somewhere.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Ignition coil
Have some more closeups if this one isnt helping you:

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
05-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Ignition coil
Thanks
This is what i was searching for. Do you have a close up of those modules?
There are two arent they(or 2in1)?
05-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Ignition coil
There are two parts. The big one is the coil, the metal thing with the wires, attached to it is the igniter. You can buy them separately.
I guess you need the number of the igniter, thats why I just made a closeup of it. The coil I have pictured is probably hot the original one.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
05-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Ignition coil
Thak you very much, you've given me everything what i was searching for Thumbs up!
One more request, can you give me a close up of that jack/connector...
I found one igniter but it has a 5wire-5pin jack so i think it wont fit on the 4age...
Anyone got a spare igniter? Smile
Where can i buy replacement parts online?
05-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Ignition coil
There are 3 pins in the connector. 3 are comming from the igniter, one is coming from the + of the coil.

I have the pictures, because I have problem with the igniter. Actually I bought the car like this - with different igniter with 6 wires, instead of 5.

Now I got an original one, that is waiting to be put in the car, thats why I have the pictures. You could buy a used igniter from ebay or you could check this auction, in case you are in Europe:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Zuendmodul-Toyota-Cor...dZViewItem

Regarding the name it should be the thing, but I would suggest, you better talk to the people and make sure it is what you need, bevor buying it.

05-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Ignition coil
This is the one with the 6 wires I have now, and it is NOT the right one.

The car is working fine with it, the problem is - after driving it harder it wont start until it cools down. As you see from the picture, additional wires are going to the nowhere...

05-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Ignition coil
If the shoe fits... it might be an mr2 or ae92 module...who knows..
Your starting problem might have several reasons. Heatsoaked starter/too much ignition advance etc. But if you have the original you should use it anyway, hope it solves the problem, but if it doesnt...check the above remarks.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Ignition coil
Ivan141 Wrote:If the shoe fits... it might be an mr2 or ae92 module...who knows..
Your starting problem might have several reasons. Heatsoaked starter/too much ignition advance etc. But if you have the original you should use it anyway, hope it solves the problem, but if it doesnt...check the above remarks.

Ivan, when "NOT starting" the starter is rotating, but there is not spark. I'm really not sure if this will solve the problem, but seems to be badly neseccary, as somebody did this for it to work properly:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smallport coil totta Crolla 2 1,351 08-12-2022 11:03 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  20v Silvertop stock ignition timing and fueling maps Lykowsky 5 11,974 07-18-2019 03:52 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  How to test coil with igniter DJexor 2 7,007 03-22-2018 10:01 AM
Last Post: Project D
  extracted freedom ecu 16v ignition map ditn 7 8,152 08-22-2016 10:01 AM
Last Post: ditn
  4AGE 20v Ignition Lead Length mad.matt 3 6,180 10-01-2014 03:43 PM
Last Post: mad.matt