Ian.G's Track/Drift Levin.
04-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Yep - I'd say the top one too.

I looked at the almera/premera disks before too - but - the height of the disk isn't quite as big (47mm compaired to 45mm) - I guess this could cause caliper alignment issues - I know the height of my current disk is 47mm.

Also, if you look round the centre bore they have a slightly different shape. The 280ZX (top disk) is tapered at the back of the centre bore - this will allow the bore adapter rings to sit in them nicely so they match the centre on the AE86 hub.

Anyway - once they arrive we'll know for sure. Not very expensive either £44 for the pair delivered Thumbs up!

pretty sure its them though.

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ian.G's Track/Drift Levin.]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Ian.G Wrote:Yep - I'd say the top one too.

I looked at the almera/premera disks before too - but - the height of the disk isn't quite as big (47mm compaired to 45mm) - I guess this could cause caliper alignment issues - I know the height of my current disk is 47mm.
Rear discs are mounted on the back face and both have exactly the same dimension from this point (40mm) so actually there is no way that can cause misalignement Wink
The difference on the total height will act as 2mm wheel spacer, nothing more Tongue

Quote:Also, if you look round the centre bore they have a slightly different shape. The 280ZX (top disk) is tapered at the back of the centre bore - this will allow the bore adapter rings to sit in them nicely so they match the centre on the AE86 hub.
The bore of the Primera discs are also tapered if you look closely, but they don't have the straight bore after that, like the 280zx / S12. (don't change that much to make adapters ring)

Quote:Anyway - once they arrive we'll know for sure. Not very expensive either £44 for the pair delivered Thumbs up!

pretty sure its them though.
Pretty sure too, but Like I said earlier, just know that you have other options if 280zx discs become unavailable in the future Smile
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Hi folks,

quick update for you. We now appear to have better working brakes that was a combination of many things - no doubt rebuilding the master cylinder has had a positive impact on things but also making a stop for the hydraulic handbrake (a lot of braking effort was being wasted pushing the piston of the handbrake master cylinder) and adjustments to the pedal itself, re-bleeding he handbrake MS etc etc.

So i have a tax disc and I can use the car on the road now safely Hurray!

One of the next areas I need to address is the heat inside the cockpit and total lack of any air flow. I no longer have a heater matrix/blower and my firewall is completely sealed, car has polycarb windows everywhere too to keep the weight down (well - apart from the heated front screen).

My front windows have sliding openings in them but they just don't get the air moving in the car. Because of this I'm looking for some other options (that don't involve an expensive suit and helmet cooling system).

I figured if I used a pair of opening Helicopter Vents in the front window like this to complement the sliding windows:

Helicopter Vents

And then maybe used some sort of NACA duct in the rear quarters or rear window to help get the air to pass through the car

NACA Ducts

The other option we have us adding a vent into the roof - maybe something like a roof scoop found on the GC8 Impreza RA cars ?

Anyone have any experience of stuff like this ? did it make a big enough difference ? also interested in any other ideas you guys may have.

I also got a GoPro HERO2 camera last week so when I go for a drive I'll try and put the camera on/inside the car so you can see how she goes now.

Regards Ian.
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Seriously, why not just put glass wind up windows back in?

The weight saving is less than negligible.

1985 Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
2013 GT86 Miltek Exhaust, Injen Induction.
07-02-2012, 11:00 PM
My friend have a scoop over the slider (driver side), it already help a little bit. I did few laps on track with it and you can feel the fresh air coming inside.

I think naca duct + scoop (and maybe some hoses) on both rear quarters windows will help a lot more !

07-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Cheers for the replies folks.

For now I am just going to stick an Impreza RA roof vent in...if thats not enough I'll have to go back to proper windows in the front - problem is - I sold the glass and electric motors for them - so I'd need to get my hands on some glass and winder mechanisms LOL.

Regards Ian.
07-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Too bad, the roof vent is kinda ugly Confused
07-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Seems a real shame to carve up the roof, Ian.

Guess the easiest way would be to buy complete AE86 doors and then nick what you need. Even, just the driver's side would probably suffice.

1985 Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
2013 GT86 Miltek Exhaust, Injen Induction.
07-06-2012, 08:43 PM
The roof vent is now in...it won't look too bad.

If to see the car again tomorrow so I'll strap my GoPro on and go for a bit of a drive so you can see how she goes now.

Regards Ian.
07-07-2012, 08:46 PM
So shes out on the roads....bit of a niggle with the brakes still but getting there.

Its a good laugh to drive but can't really leave my boot in for too long LOL

Regards Ian.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track AE86 Build from south america Nurburgring 3 7,635 10-30-2013 07:31 PM
Last Post: BOOMEX
  Ae86 Levin drift project. filip.alin 7 8,960 01-20-2013 03:05 PM
Last Post: filip.alin
  86er's Track rebuild N2.??? Finally an update page 8 86er 191 244,275 03-25-2012 10:05 AM
Last Post: bozu
  (AUS) 8age trueno track monster! green_boy_91 48 53,142 02-22-2010 01:47 PM
Last Post: green_boy_91
  KP61: The track fridge 127 Boy 20 28,498 01-04-2010 01:02 AM
Last Post: The Doctor