Greek AE86 restoration/modification (pics)
12-08-2004, 02:01 PM
A quick update on things. I have ordered valve springs from HKS and the lightweight flywheel from JUN (thanks to Pero and ZaX for the idea). Should be shipped from Japan on the 15th of December. Thumbs up!

So, here's some picies from my taking apart my new engine. Note the solidified oil :o in the picture with the valve covers and oil sump (is it the lower part of the engine where the oil is? we call it "carter"). Also at the bottom of the same picture is some really solid oil from the inside of the valve covers. According to the mechanic it's beacuse the Japanese never actually change the engine oil. They just fill it up. Is that true? Dumb question

Finally check a sweeeet car I came across the previous weekend on the Megara circuit outside Athens. Dori Dori wheels, and full TRD spec engine according to the owner. He claimed 200bhp on the crank, 160bhp on the wheels. Who knows... :wink:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
12-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Dorito, I think you forgot picturesSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
12-08-2004, 02:19 PM
I realized the second I pressed submit. There you go!
12-08-2004, 02:39 PM
I trust you gave the guy our URL?Smile

Nice pics btw, looking forward to seeing that engine all cleaned upSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

12-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Dorito, please more pictures.
Can you take picture of your cam pulleys and injectors (i'm intrested in colour of them).

Tnx

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Bastiaan: ok...I'm afraid not. hostile guy. Not willing to share information. I don't get along with such people.

ZaX: I will try, but injectors might have been already sent to be cleaned. colour was brownish white. As for pulleys, I think I can do that. Stay tuned!
12-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Dori, did you just edit your post? Smile

He's got a nice hachi so thats why I asked, but if he's not a likeable person... still I don't believe in first impressions, people I never liked when I met them sometimes end up being my best friends, and unfortunately, the other way around I've experienced to often for my taste aswell..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

12-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Yes I did actually. I thought you meant the mechanic, so I was like "why should I tell the mechanic"? Dumb question

Then I got it Hurray! and edited the post. Anyway, you are right in principle. However, as I grow older, I find it increasingly harder to keep trying to get through to people who are jackasses. For example this guy came to his car to drive off when I had taken the pics. I started telling him how great a car that is and asking where he gets it serviced etc. In the meantime he was getting in the car and mumbling some answers like he was doing me a big favour. That gets on my nerves. It's not like I was asking him to pop the bonnet, or take me for a ride...you know?

Anyway, I'm trying to establish regular contact with a few owners to maybe set up a greek community. You'll know when I manage :wink:
12-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Hmmm, thats ashame though, then again, I know that I've acted remotely like that in some occasions when I have my DeLorean at some event and I just wanne get home and have been tired of BTTF fans bugging me. Happens almost never thoughSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

12-09-2004, 10:30 AM
And some more picies. ZaX I hope this helps, although colours are not precise with this camera and lighting.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full restoration... Blade1988 64 78,946 07-17-2016 11:53 AM
Last Post: McGlinchey
  Another danish restoration Duze 61 65,413 03-20-2016 08:58 AM
Last Post: Duze
  '84 ae86 restoration project HybriD07 19 23,198 10-13-2014 09:20 PM
Last Post: HybriD07
  TOYOTA COROLLA Ke70 - Restoration project cke70 34 47,002 07-02-2014 10:12 PM
Last Post: cke70