03-07-2021, 08:05 PM
Family man's ae86
Awesome, that's a win right there!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2021, 10:38 PM
Family man's ae86
Nice work! Thumbs up!
And I love the remark by your wife and the reaction by your son about going to school in a car that loud! Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86]
03-08-2021, 02:23 AM
Family man's ae86
Thanks lads.

Yeah the borts are super loud lol. The exhaust isn't tooooo bad, but the inlet is shocking lol.

We started the little fella off with headphones for the lap of the block, but he ended up taking them off half way round so we will see.

Im waiting on a few bits and pieces to make it so im comfortable dping the school run (fan and shroud, new sump plug cos the old one is leaking and bulky double check alignment etc ) but its all looking like i might actually pull this shit off lol

Confirmed the heater also works lol, important as we head into winter lol.

Also I dont have a pressure feed for oil.... lol so the gearbox took like 2 hours to fill like this with gravity... [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

clutch kick, switch, tree .... oowwww
Find all posts by this user
03-23-2021, 01:04 AM
Family man's ae86
So I've been doing the school run for a couple weeks.

Lad is half and half. He says he likes it, but then complains its too small, too noisy, too bouncy ..... so perfect I guess

I somehow figured my fuel sender was borked. I threw 30l of premium in her when trying to start initially.

By the time I got her running the fuel level was empty (I thought hadn't moved) and the warning light on. I just assumed the sender was broken and I had heaps of fuel.

I've spent the last 2 weeks running around town and she finally ran out of juice yesterday. No biggy, we walked and grabbed some fuel.

But then with 15l in her, the sender level works and the light went off.

Looks like the original starting issues used a fucktone of fuel, and the hydramat I used in the tank works amazing at picking up fuel... lol.

Trying to come up with a cool/interesting way of doing speed and revs. Ideas ???

Also working through the little stuff. Replaced the tail light with absolute shitty knockoff. Spent 3 days sorting the debacle of wiring. One of the main reason I went with the radiator I did was to have easy cheap access to fans and shrouds etc from local model. The eBay guy fucked up and spent several days arguing.... in the end I just made it work :/

Sorted the big sump bolt (only bit under the crossmember ) and sorted the leak from the crush washer.

So fsr its all going pretty well. Suspension has settled so it about time to even everything up. Changed the brake pedal ratio back to stock and it firmed the pedal up nicely. Probably can do with some new softer pads for round town.... but its working how I wanted. [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86]

03-23-2021, 10:09 AM
Family man's ae86
Quote:Trying to come up with a cool/interesting way of doing speed and revs. Ideas ???

Not sure what you mean, but I assume it has something to do with that awesome dash of yours? Any chance of a bit of background on that? I would be quite stoked to see some electronic tinkering here. Havent done much of that myself the past 2 years, I keep finding new hobbies.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-23-2021, 11:34 AM
Family man's ae86
Yeah sorry my phone does weird shit with the picture placements.

Im after ideas for how to sort my own speedo and tachometer setup.

That above stuff is done by a super duper smarty pants gentleman from new Zealand with a carina. Its a shittone of hours with arduino I believe..... shockingly beyond my abilities.

The closest I think i can manage is using a Windows 8inhc tablet and running the adaptronic live feedback screens as a dash..... :/

04-28-2021, 06:50 AM
Family man's ae86
So things are slow at the moment as I collect the bits necessary for the dash plans.

But I have had a quick proof of concept...

Its gonna be fun. Now I have to wire in the speedo line from the gearbox and figure some other bits out, but it should work well enough [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86]

08-12-2023, 01:46 AM
Family man's ae86
Been a hot minute kids.

Csr has been pretty reliable all told. Few niggles, and working through getting the exhaust to quiet up a bit for highway work.

Also have a plan to redo the ecu (new link extreme ) and fuel system. The adaptronic was simply getting too hard to get support for. And im too stupid to fuddle through on my own.

Had to redo the alt bracket after chewing a belt. Machined up a bush to tighten support for the bolt through. Has made a huge improvement lol.

Added a second flex joint in the exhaust and some proper rubber soft mount to replace the small cotton real hard mounts I had.... this helped drop a huge amount if drone, but im looking to replace the resonator with a second muffler to improve the highway comfort.

Also got a new tool to balance the throttles. Made a massive difference on drive ability and idle.

Added the iacv setup in prep for the new ecu. Also adding fuel pressure sensor and oil pressure and temp sensor into the mix. [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Family man's ae86]

08-29-2023, 12:48 PM
Family man's ae86
Just testing

08-30-2023, 09:22 PM
Family man's ae86
(08-29-2023 12:48 PM)fantapants Wrote:  Just testing