Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'
11-18-2017, 11:40 PM
(11-17-2017 01:54 AM)Bean Wrote:  
(11-16-2017 10:06 PM)banpei Wrote:  Congrats! Hurray!
That's a nice birthday and x-mas present!
The real present is my wife not complaining about the expensive gift but even supporting it Hurray!

Angel

I know that one well...... Wink

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user
07-09-2018, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2018 01:43 PM by Bean.)
So it's been way too long but once more something that could remotely be classified as progress.
Using my spare time between jobs to gather more necessities.
Just picked up all new clips for all the windows from Toyota, cost a small fortune but at least I'll have piece of mind that it'll fit perfectly and last another 30+ years.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

More progress hopefully soon

EDIT: Wanted to also pick up a fresh rubber seal for the driver side door (the big inner one) but around €200 for one side I decided to live with my tape fixed one some longer.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Which seal is that? That is very expensive indeed. Good luck with the windows. Smile
07-10-2018, 08:20 AM
(07-09-2018 03:44 PM)Hama86 Wrote:  Which seal is that? That is very expensive indeed. Good luck with the windows. Smile
67861-12470 official name is "weatherstrip front door LH"

AE86 ex-daily
07-16-2018, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2018 07:49 PM by Bean.)
So just received some very unfortunate (read BAD) news.

There's no way I'll get my car on the road as planed, not because it can't be done but because the costs aren't practical what so ever.
Just a bit of background:
The car is sitting on 15x8 ET0 wheels with 25mm spacer in the back and different lower arms at the front (from a Carina or something similar) - the widest width I'm allowed without testing is ET 3. To legalize my ET -25 I just got quoted 8-10k that's just for the stance.
1k for the wider fenders and last but not least, another 2-4k for the custom exhaust (only option as it has to be 77dB max) and 2-6k more for the engine.
So to complete it I would need to spend around 15k on tests to drive it legally. Even if I ditch the engine and exhaust or the widening it's still going to cost a small fortune. Mind you this isn't for parts or workhours as I got the parts and do everything myself anyway. This is just for paperwork.
So I need to come up with a new plan Sad

Makeing it a trailer queen would normaly be the obvious choice but considering I'll be moving abroad again in a year and the car wont come with me again this time around that's not very feasable either as I'll be only around for a month per year - so it really should be street legal if I want to get anything out of it.

Will need a lot of sleepless nights to come up with a good solution. So far I see very few solutions:

1. pony up the cash (it'll be unique but that amount of money is ridiculous for that privilege)
2. revert it back to stock (lot's of work to make it look right again) and sit on whole stash of performance parts
3. get another chassis and build a second one
4. sell everything
5. build it as is and have it as a track car (being driven once a year)
6. take it with me abroad where it might be legal but other hassles arise

Input welcome...

PS: just hypothetically as I need to entertain that thought as well, at what price would you value my car.

AE86 ex-daily
07-17-2018, 02:05 AM
thats shite mate, could you put it back to stock, like the lower control arms, the rims, find someone with a exhaust that you could mount on your car along with all the bits and pieces just so it passes the inspection (i guess the car would have to go trhough a lot of inspections such as length, width, height, wheight, engine, gas emissions, brake test, and so on) and then put it back as its right now, but with the "road legal" sticker on it?
07-17-2018, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2018 07:07 AM by Bean.)
(07-17-2018 02:05 AM)AlexKTM Wrote:  thats shite mate, could you put it back to stock, like the lower control arms, the rims, find someone with a exhaust that you could mount on your car along with all the bits and pieces just so it passes the inspection (i guess the car would have to go trhough a lot of inspections such as length, width, height, wheight, engine, gas emissions, brake test, and so on) and then put it back as its right now, but with the "road legal" sticker on it?
I've got all the original parts so going back to stock is possible - the only headache is redoing the fenders again as I modified them extensively (~30-40mm wider)

Going back and forth is a nogo. Too high a risk of having the car being confiscated.

AE86 ex-daily
08-01-2018, 06:20 PM
As I'm in kind of the same boat, I'd suggest keeping those things stock that you don't mind and pony up the cash for the stuff that you really really want to keep modified. I'm going to be shopping around for street legal parts over the coming year to get mine on the road for spring next year with all things ready. That is, if you want to pay for all the things, but spread out over time.
Maybe you can share the project with a friend? Either for the track or for making it legal.
08-02-2018, 11:54 AM
I'll put her back together fir now and will take it from there. When there is rules there's also loopholes just got to find the ones that fit my issues.

AE86 ex-daily