Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'
05-09-2017, 07:47 AM
(05-08-2017 08:28 PM)decryphe Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 08:14 PM)Bean Wrote:  Here we go
Looking forward to meeting your 86 in reality soon!
Still need to find a place where I can store and work on her, still a non runner but with fresh paint Smile

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2017, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2017 06:08 PM by Bean.)
And off she went, this was yesterday and I already miss her. Hope everything goes well and she'll arrive without a scratch.[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

AE86 ex-daily
05-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Are those stock arches? They look bigger

AE86 Levin
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2017, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2017 10:05 PM by Bean.)
No they are modified stock arches, I also have genuine wide fenders from J-Blood, they are painted but not fitted yet
Rant: (need to certify them in Switzerland first, more money down the drain for paperwork but not much I can do if I want the car street legal. I'll need to pay a cars worth in fees for bureaucracy to sort out everything Sad (currently the following is not legal wheels, fenders, spacers, coilovers, engine and soon exhaust incl. header.
End of rant Smile

The car is about 40mm wider than stock (8" ET-25 rear and about 8" ET-20 up front).

AE86 ex-daily
05-11-2017, 06:30 AM
Are the arches a custom job or did they weld in parts from another car?

AE86 Levin
05-11-2017, 08:36 AM
(05-11-2017 06:30 AM)bozu Wrote:  Are the arches a custom job or did they weld in parts from another car?
custom job, unfortunately the kouki arches don't lend themselves very well to be modified as zenki arches due to the lip form catering for the plastic strip. So we went all fresh about it. As I'm in the middle of moving I currently don't have access to all my pictures when we made them.
If you have zenki arches in decent shape it's fairly straight forward to add a strip of material half way between the edge and where it starts on the body. That option will retain the stock look and only require minimal work.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

AE86 ex-daily
05-12-2017, 02:28 AM
(05-10-2017 09:58 PM)Bean Wrote:  No they are modified stock arches, I also have genuine wide fenders from J-Blood, they are painted but not fitted yet
Rant: (need to certify them in Switzerland first, more money down the drain for paperwork but not much I can do if I want the car street legal. I'll need to pay a cars worth in fees for bureaucracy to sort out everything Sad (currently the following is not legal wheels, fenders, spacers, coilovers, engine and soon exhaust incl. header.
End of rant Smile

The car is about 40mm wider than stock (8" ET-25 rear and about 8" ET-20 up front).

WTF???
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
05-12-2017, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 03:00 AM by Bean.)
That's the way it is, almost everything is illegal but can be made legal for the right price. It's a retarded system but nothing I can do about it except pay or have a trailer queen.

Just a few examples:

my 8"ET0 wheels have to be ET3 as those extra 3mm are deemed too wide without further spending.

Engine power can't be raised beyond 10% over stock without considerable fees.

Exhaust system can't be louder than stock and needs testing and/or be built by a certified company.

Coilovers are only legal if they include a certain certificate from the manufacturer. Same applies for pretty much every other piece one could upgrade on the car.

I knew it before that's why I was very sad when a very reasonably priced 86 slipped through my fingers. Could have had both a trailer queen and a street legal one for the same price as legalising what I've got.

If I can find a big enough reasonable priced space to work and store the car(s) I still might go down that route. Assuming I can find an example in salvageable condition for a good price

AE86 ex-daily
07-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Very small update, on Thursday I'll finally be reunited with my Corolla again Hurray!

AE86 ex-daily
07-04-2017, 11:13 AM
That must be a great day for you then! Thumbs up! Hurray!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']