I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant
08-14-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant
(08-14-2019 08:34 AM)Ivan141 Wrote:  Not a bad idea, just be sure to pick the most common pattern crank wheel you can find.
Did the one tooth cam sensor on my volvo engine too (still a work in progress), I welded a tooth to the back of the cam pulley on that one.
LS coil-near-plugs are also a neat solution for spark, and not prohibitively expensive either.

All still undetermined... but it makes sense to use common bits - less prone to failure. Also nothing special needed for a V8, as the rpm shouldn't be exceeding 6500.

Now this is a development.....

About the time the engine arrived, I was still working on a transmission solution. The easy answer appeared again on Yahoo Japan... https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m54403331

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant]

It is an A340E for an early 90s Century, it comes with the bell housing, unique to Century, and torque converter, also unique to Century. So I bought it.

While it does provide me a transmission solution, at the time I wasn't aware of THIS:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant]

I've spoken with the adapter's manufacturer, and he believes the 5V-EU bell housing can also be adapted!!! Since the bellhousing doesn't get modified, I'm left now with a "2 in 1" option. I can use the manual trans set up while I'm still able, and if need be, I can swap the auto back in at a future point in time IF I can no longer drive a shift, or I'd want to for some other reason...???

DEFINITELY more to come....... Hurray!

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant - oldeskewltoy - 08-14-2019 07:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bought a Ae86 and super scared cause of rust can any one hel adamsaiyad 19 19,567 12-02-2009 02:29 AM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair
  Bought a Hachi today XLarge 27 31,328 09-08-2005 10:06 AM
Last Post: PetzK