I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant
08-01-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant
I want to thank Robert(and his wife), owner of https://etsuryu.com/. His help in this project has been immense, from helping me find this engine, to helping me secure the starter, and the service manual, to now saving me a great deal of time, and frustration.

As you see in previous posts my phone has been very useful when it comes to translations.... but, it hasn't been perfect, and I've used my collective automotive knowledge to "assist" where it says the right words, but gets structure a bit wrong.

Well, this is the most complex page I've had to translate.... and my phone had a really tough time with it, it took about 10 passes with the phone before it made any sense....

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant]

but I was not feeling confident about this translation, so I asked Robert if he would assist me, the following day he had sent me this, translated by his wife (who is Japanese)

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant]

While some of my phones translation was somewhat correct, what I had as the spec, and what is written were DIFFERENT... my translation was set 1mm down, measure to 2mm down, was very wrong. The spec was to set the lifter 2mm down then test/measure it 1mm further. My method would have likely condemned all the lifters Sad

So, thank you Wife of Robert Wink

more to come.... Hurray!

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: I bought a Hemi - Project Lit'lphant - oldeskewltoy - 08-01-2019 05:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bought a Ae86 and super scared cause of rust can any one hel adamsaiyad 19 19,568 12-02-2009 02:29 AM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair
  Bought a Hachi today XLarge 27 31,328 09-08-2005 10:06 AM
Last Post: PetzK