Ian.G's Track/Drift Levin.
12-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Did you drive her yet? Nice to see her home.... Hurray!

JapanPower

UoP Racing website
UoP Racing videos

Racing, because football, basketball, tennis & golf only require ONE ball....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Three year already! Time flies!! Huh

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ian.G's Track/Drift Levin.]
12-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I have just one question. If I wanted to put exactly the same spoilers in my Levin coupe, would it need some kind of modifications? Are the coupe and hatchbacks the same?
Thumbs up!

Beautiful car... Wave

Vladimir

N/A for life...
Find all posts by this user
12-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Yep - front/rear bumpers and side skirts are the same for a 2-door coupe as they are for the 3-door hatch. Thumbs up!

Obviously if you have a trueno front end you would need to get the trueno-specific front - but run free do those too.

Regards Ian.
12-19-2008, 09:13 PM
very nive very clean! Yummie!
02-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Love this build! got to be at the T O P in my Hall of Fame Respect!

RokuSteady : Shakotan - Tsuraichi - Hippari - Onikyan : 神奈川 様式
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
great Ian, Sir!! not alot left there then, eh? keep it up man! let us hear it!! Smile and see it going its first steps to the real world!! Smile

adam
04-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Good Job man ,
Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

Enjoyment Hurray!
04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
ian what det you do wit wiering did you youse s2000 wiering for the engien to box or what? regards..

its a nice one mann
04-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi man - the wiring loom uses a near standard s2000 engine loom mated to an AEM ECU with exactly the correct connectors. The rest of the loom is all custom and yet to be made.

Some good stuff has been happening.

Throttle Linkage - its Jenvey's std ITB linkage kit. The ITB lever needed slight trim to clear the airbox (which I previously sorted when building up the inlet side of the engine) The firewall end has been sorted to enter the car and the pedal has had a modification at the top to carry the cable. Can't wait to mash it to the floor.

When I get some time I'll replace the cable in the future. When we built our hayabusa powered westi we found a place over near Mansfield that makes the most amazing throttle cables you'll ever find to your custom specifications. You'll never break one again trust me (I need to remember what they are caled though - ha!)

19 Row cooler and stat/sandwich plate. I was going to remove the heat exchanger/water jacket from the oil filter but for now is fine - plus we dont have to think about blanking out the water line that runs round the front of the engine.

Oil lines were measured up to custom lengths as we wanted as little additional pipework in the system as possible and everything nice and simple. The other end of the cooling system looks like this.

Big 13" push fan for the stupidly large radiator. Ad's is just finishing up the mouting brackets for the cooler itself and a small bracket to secure the oil lines onto the chassis leg. The air dams in the front bumper will feel all this stuff nicely without any need for additional shrouding.

New harnesses - nut straps and all. I suspect I'll not be moving very much once lashed into the toyonda.

Seats feel like they have shrunk with age or something LOL. I've also started to measure up all the bits of cage padding for the A-pillars, roof and door bars so that will be in soon too.

Got my hands on some Castrol SRF brake fluid and brand new bleed nipples for each caliper This castrol stuff is the $#!+. Normal stuff to flush through and then the good stuff goes in. I was seriously thinking of replacing the front brakes with AP's but I never ever suffered fade on the track so I can save a packet. The Mazda 4pots seemed pretty shit hot before.

Main drive belt for Alternator and Water pump all sorted.

This just needs the breather lines finishing and a catch tank then its ready for electrics and petrol. I think I'm going to use the drain line on the bottom of the MOCAL catch tank to go straight back into the sump - that way I'll only dump oil on the track if I can manage to surge 1L of oil all at once - doubtful. A powerful impreza engine can surge .5L of oil when you lauch it - I have no powers by comparison LOL. Plus the back end of the car would probably explode if I add any more.

I've got to do a touch of heat proofing on the firewall and off side rear chassis leg to protect it from heat generated by the primaries. I've got some gold material that will hopefully do just that. As there is between 5-10mm of space between the leg and the pipe the temperature will be drastically lower due to air flow so I only need to barrier for approx 80deg of heat instead of 900deg. You can get these neat stickers from Merlin motorsport that will measure temps where you stick them - very useful stuff.

Rear hatch clips all sorted.

Sold my Equip 03's a few weeks ago to a chap in Germany which left me litterally on bricks LOL. I took the pair of 9J S1's I had in the garage over today to try them for size. With ET-10 instead of -15 they fit in the streched tin arches just fine.

I really need to get my hands on another pair of these - if anyone sees a pair of these (15" 8J or 9J specifically) let me know - I want them urgently. I've also got a full set of 15J Compmotive ML's coming (8J front 9J rear) so I'll have plenty to play with.

Who knows - we could litterally weeks away from high rev screamer mayhem.

Regards Ian.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track AE86 Build from south america Nurburgring 3 7,699 10-30-2013 07:31 PM
Last Post: BOOMEX
  Ae86 Levin drift project. filip.alin 7 9,103 01-20-2013 03:05 PM
Last Post: filip.alin
  86er's Track rebuild N2.??? Finally an update page 8 86er 191 245,985 03-25-2012 10:05 AM
Last Post: bozu
  (AUS) 8age trueno track monster! green_boy_91 48 53,738 02-22-2010 01:47 PM
Last Post: green_boy_91
  KP61: The track fridge 127 Boy 20 28,714 01-04-2010 01:02 AM
Last Post: The Doctor