Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork
04-25-2006, 07:57 PM
ivan try this website http://www.artaparts.nl/ maybe they have what u need. I dont know if this will help
Find all posts by this user
04-25-2006, 10:20 PM
oldskull Wrote:ivan try this website http://www.artaparts.nl/ maybe they have what u need. I dont know if this will help
Hmmm:
http://www.artaparts.nl/showpic.php?merk...er=5316134
At the other parts its stated 4 doors, so perhaps this is indeed for the 2 door coupe. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2006, 04:54 PM
I got to an agreement with the seller...I can get both sides for a couple of tenners extra. I might be getting screwed, but for that little amount I might as well go through with it. Martijn agreed to weld them on for me, even liked the idea better than patching up the old stuff, so I'm pressing this project on.

Now someone go buy my fibreglass bonnet so I can compensate a bit of this expensive stuff!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Yes it's better to proceed.

Can this Martijn guy do mine as well ??? ;-)
04-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Ivan: how well is you right side? Otherwise I might be interested in chipping in and salvaging a piece of it. Smile

04-27-2006, 08:02 AM
The right side is very rusty around the back of the light units (on the inside of the trunk). I dont know if that would be the best idea to do. Why not just cut up the one at the wrecking yard? I have a feeling that my old quarter panels could best be kept in one piece. That way maybe someone can patch them up and use them to fix a rusty car back up (the name Jasper pops up in my head).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:The right side is very rusty around the back of the light units (on the inside of the trunk). I dont know if that would be the best idea to do. Why not just cut up the one at the wrecking yard? I have a feeling that my old quarter panels could best be kept in one piece. That way maybe someone can patch them up and use them to fix a rusty car back up (the name Jasper pops up in my head).
I wouldn't use them for that part: I need a good part for my fenders. My right fender is rusted through on top and I either have to use a starlet fender and have a bumper mounting place created on that, or use a hachi fender which isn't rusted there. Last one is easier, however I doubt if it will actually make any difference. Wink
The white cars fenders are long gone btw: they are too rusted. Sad
The back of the car is okay though, but I already have a part which can be welded on that spot. Smile

05-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Just got the quarter panels from germany (180km/h autobahn driving in the volvo...dissapointing for a 2liter car..) The seller was a very friendly guy, it's too bad a lot of the german guys dont speak english, cause there are a lot of hachi's floating about there...
The panels have been in dry storage for years, and are still completely nice and clean...yum yum..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Great Ivan! Good luck with it.

BTW I picked up my rear panel yesterday. Including a used tail light and brand new mirror for only 70 euro's Tongue
05-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah yeah rub it in... but yours wont do donuts...so there Tongue
I forgot to mention that I also got a bunch of pistons + conrods, an ae86 inlet manifold and a loose Atiwe telephone rim he had lying around. So it's not all that bad, the price is fair when you compare it to what the dealership charges.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front end roof compatibility between 2dr and 3dr Dochka 11 12,101 01-12-2014 05:50 PM
Last Post: fax0815