rear lights
10-28-2005, 07:51 AM
rear lights
JonT Wrote:Lastly, i see the book producers got it wrong as well, anyone else spotted the mistake ?

Well there is a levin coupe under the trueno heading, and what's supposed to be a zenki Levin has a kouki spoiler. They're probably the wrong way round, I have a feeling that the trueno has that weird stick-on centerpiece, not the levin.

And I think that the later type boot with the backup lights extruding from the rest of the light where also sold in the US. The whole rear boot section on those has a different panel, as you can see the metal extends further inward (the license plate area is less wide), and there is room for those back up light offcourse.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2005, 11:33 AM
rear lights
The 'Type III' ones are the right way round though, so who knows how its been muddled up. Actually looking at the text, the top two 2dr ones are both described as levin !

As for the changes to the rear panel, the centre piece on the later cars is a plastic section and the number plate lights are in the same position to the early cars, so thats not really changed, the only difference would be the removal of that little lump between the rear lights and the centre section and i guess there must be a hole to put the reversing lights through as well.

Its strange that Toyota would make a new rear panel just for the domestic cars but continue using the old one for the exports.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - rear lights]
10-28-2005, 11:44 AM
rear lights
Like I said, they also used it on USDM cars.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you seperate trueno kouki bumper lights into zenki bumper lights? gh0st 17 6,148 12-19-2021 11:58 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Electrical - Rear Screen Demist and Dash lights mad.matt 0 3,509 01-12-2015 01:15 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  Rear ae86 rear discs & pad part numbers? J-86 4 5,422 11-30-2012 06:32 PM
Last Post: J-86
  dash lights and park lights problems **Sigh** adamsaiyad 5 5,977 05-07-2010 01:21 PM
Last Post: adamsaiyad
  Adjustable Rear trailing arm/rear 4 links? lolali 1 4,467 10-03-2009 05:17 PM
Last Post: lolali