quick rack
09-12-2006, 10:56 PM
quick rack
ive got a right hand quaife rack, how can i tell if i got the older binding model?? left and right lock seem ok....if any1 knows please share. i bought it a while ago, like 2 years ago maybe but it seems ok.

also my car has blisteins all round and fensport -35mm progressive springs....when i go around a corner fast and flick it its so hard 2 counter steer...im not weak either, and im like leaning into the pass seat lol i use the wheel more to hold onto at that stage and not 2 steer the car. i got rca's 2.....maybe if i get stiffer springs and a bucket seat i'll be ok......can ppl give how hard it is to counter steer feedback on a lowered hachi with quick rack.

thanks
Find all posts by this user
09-13-2006, 01:12 AM
quick rack
black86 Wrote:ive got a right hand quaife rack, how can i tell if i got the older binding model?? left and right lock seem ok....if any1 knows please share. i bought it a while ago, like 2 years ago maybe but it seems ok.

also my car has blisteins all round and fensport -35mm progressive springs....when i go around a corner fast and flick it its so hard 2 counter steer...im not weak either, and im like leaning into the pass seat lol i use the wheel more to hold onto at that stage and not 2 steer the car. i got rca's 2.....maybe if i get stiffer springs and a bucket seat i'll be ok......can ppl give how hard it is to counter steer feedback on a lowered hachi with quick rack.

If you got the Quaife QSR 2 years ago it could be binding model. Although it could have only been the LHD model QSR that was binding, I dont know for sure.

The ONLY way to tell if its the binding type is to take the inner tie rod boots loose and rotate the steering wheel to full lock. IF it's the type that binds/stops before the inner tie rod stops against the rack - its the binding type.

I run a Quaife QSR on my AE86 for drifting and I have no problems countersteering or with feedback. I think your problem could be alignment - what's your caster set at? Mine is at 2.5 degrees for easier cornering/countersteering. (Gabe @ T3 recommended 2.3 caster, but my wheels would rub the inner footwell area if I did that)

Andrew
09-27-2006, 07:13 PM
quick rack
assassin10000 Wrote:
black86 Wrote:ive got a right hand quaife rack, how can i tell if i got the older binding model?? left and right lock seem ok....if any1 knows please share. i bought it a while ago, like 2 years ago maybe but it seems ok.

If you got the Quaife QSR 2 years ago it could be binding model. Although it could have only been the LHD model QSR that was binding, I dont know for sure.

The ONLY way to tell if its the binding type is to take the inner tie rod boots loose and rotate the steering wheel to full lock. IF it's the type that binds/stops before the inner tie rod stops against the rack - its the binding type.

I run a Quaife QSR on my AE86 for drifting and I have no problems countersteering or with feedback. I think your problem could be alignment - what's your caster set at? Mine is at 2.5 degrees for easier cornering/countersteering. (Gabe @ T3 recommended 2.3 caster, but my wheels would rub the inner footwell area if I did that)

Andrew

thanks mate.....i will adjust the caster when i get it aligned.....what size wheels u running?
09-28-2006, 01:55 AM
quick rack
black86 Wrote:thanks mate.....i will adjust the caster when i get it aligned.....what size wheels u running?

14x7 +9 offset supra's.

BUT I'm running T3 NCRCA's, 25mm push outwards and 35 downwards on the control arms.

Andrew

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Play between steering column and intermediate shaft after manual rack sonversion DaLanZhu 5 5,840 07-31-2019 11:28 AM
Last Post: mad.matt
  4age hitting gas too quick means engine stalls - what is the issue? Ryo 20 26,070 06-27-2018 11:15 PM
Last Post: Ryo
  Quaife quick rack totta Crolla 19 19,279 03-03-2018 03:32 PM
Last Post: Deuce Cam
  DIY: a quick outline on why & how to set pinion angle. assassin10000 9 17,085 12-21-2016 10:28 PM
Last Post: ditn
  Quick question - Brake Pad Dimensions Lt86 2 4,921 06-07-2015 12:08 AM
Last Post: jondee86