nmwisima's '96 Miata
04-29-2006, 03:17 PM
nmwisima's '96 Miata
No Hachi, I dont think I need a Coilover set right now. I m even considering to use the stock shocks again... Gay I know...

Though the 650 euros (instead of 800) I got for the Tein Basic is very very tempting price so who knows...

In the meanwhile, I did the 3rd rim change in a month taking off the 17'' which are for sale and finaly getting my new 15''.

Kosei Hexa 15x6,5 with 35 offset and a niiiice polished lip!

Oh, and NoHachi, it weights only 6,3 kg instead of 5,9 of the stock rim Smile

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - nmwisima's '96 Miata]

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - nmwisima's '96 Miata] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-29-2006, 04:21 PM
nmwisima's '96 Miata
The daisies I have a about 5.4 so a full kg lighter, but they are also just 5.5" wide and an inch smaller in diameter, so the weight of the kosei's seems quite ok.

Don't know whether it is still possible to buy the stock-sports package billstein shocks. If so, then those are quite nice as well and last a lot longer. I can imagine them being more expensive though.

Don't know whether you are a big guy or not, but if you feel cramped in the interior there are some things that made a huge difference for me:

Remove the map holder from the door: I was amazed at how big a difference this made..the car seemed twice as large suddenly and was a lot more comfortable for long trips.

Seat foam removal trick: search around on the net for this one: lets you drop further into your stock seats, lowering the driving position and also increasing the support the seat gives you. Makes them feel like true sports seats. 100% reversible mod as well, so maybe worth a try.

Another thing you REALLY want to check is the area in front of the doors. In between the doors and the wheelarch there is an area surrounded by the wheelarchtrim but not completely sealed. Crud from the wheels gets thrown in there and eventually sets of rust. you can get a good idea by peeking in there when you have a door opened. Crud is easily removed by loosening the nut underneath the area and gently pulling the bodywork out. You can just manage to get a sponge in between there to clean the area out..Do that once a year and you'll have no trouble at all.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
04-29-2006, 04:40 PM
nmwisima's '96 Miata
I've a set of 2003 1.8 sport oem damper/spring (bilstein?) combo for sale, 'cause using Tein Flex in my MX since than. Used for 23k kms only.
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM
nmwisima's '96 Miata
Thanx XJS but Mk2.5 dumpers dont fit on Mk1.

NoH the OEM 15x6 weight 5,9 kg so its not a big difference.

Thanx for all the info also, I ll deal with suspention soon and be sure I ll ask first Smile

Oh, it seams to me that more and more AE86 have/had/will have a Miata. Are we all crazy?

04-30-2006, 12:40 PM
nmwisima's '96 Miata
Nopes. The MX5 is the spiritual successor to the ae86. Different bodystyle, same soul. Just better suspension, more modern design, better rustprotection and much more reliable.

Take a look at the touge challenge video from Best Motoring. The one with the blue miata. It should be obvious to everyone after that. But lets just let it keep its image of a hairdressers car. It keeps prices down and ensures carefull owners.

04-30-2006, 12:44 PM
nmwisima's '96 Miata
Prices down? An LSD equiped 92 MX5 here in Greece costs 9.000 euros, while a 96 (like mine) at least 11.000 euros.

I got mine for 7.500 but i was SOOO lucky!

04-30-2006, 12:56 PM
nmwisima's '96 Miata
You live in a sunny country...cabrio's are worth less in places like the netherlands where it rains a lot of the time..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-01-2006, 12:25 AM
nmwisima's '96 Miata
Nice wheels nmwisima. Good choise.
Now you must lower your car a lot to make it more beautiful. Cool
But....
If i had an MX5 Mk1 ( which is one of my favourite cars ) i would try to make it look like the red one with the 14 inch Rewinds that someone posted you before. Thats my favorite ''style" for an MX5. Smile
05-01-2006, 03:02 AM
nmwisima's '96 Miata
Hmm guys you gotta give the watanabes their credit..they are the original copies that the rewinds are based off (so copies of copies). Rewinds look the same but are 1/4th the price and about 2x the weight.

Anyway: Onwards with the propaganda!

http://www.jtuned.com/content/templates/...5&zoneid=1

05-02-2006, 09:39 PM
nmwisima's '96 Miata
omg very nice!!!

looks like a toy!