levin too trueno
10-08-2008, 08:37 PM
levin too trueno
Et is possible to change one levin in one trueno ?
Find all posts by this user
10-08-2008, 09:11 PM
levin too trueno
yup just buy the front end parts

fenders
hood
lights
grill
bumper

and your done. you will need to make some own electrical adjustments for the head lights

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
10-08-2008, 10:29 PM
levin too trueno
Dont forget you need the bumper mounts, and you need to drill out a couple of welded brackets behind the headlights.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2008, 10:50 PM
levin too trueno
Welded brackets behind the headlights???? Banging head

Not quite, you need to rip the Levin brackets apart instead. The holes for the Trueno brackets are already there.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - levin too trueno]
10-09-2008, 01:45 AM
levin too trueno
my friend oly did it !

before:

After:
Hurray!
10-09-2008, 08:37 AM
levin too trueno
JonnyAE86 Wrote:Welded brackets behind the headlights???? Banging head

Not quite, you need to rip the Levin brackets apart instead. The holes for the Trueno brackets are already there.

I dont quite understand what you mean, but I was referring to the brackets that are welded to the chassis that the original levin lights are mounted on. Trueno's dont have these, I suppose you could have some mounting problems with the pop-up lights if you dont drill the levin brackets off. I'm sure the holes for mounting the trueno lights are already there.
Then again, an old friend of mine once installed a trueno front on his coupe, and I dont recall him mentioning anything about removing those brackets.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-09-2008, 08:55 AM
levin too trueno
thanks!
10-14-2008, 05:49 AM
levin too trueno
Yes it is. A very easy conversion to do, just make sure you get everything.

Fully Restored 1985 Corolla GT-S
1987 328ci SR20DET Drift Car
1989 Honda Civic Si-R Current Project
2002 Corolla CE Daily Driver

http://www.TheTunerSource.com
10-19-2008, 11:56 PM
levin too trueno
i did this i got the lights pannels and bonnet , you need the bumper brackets and u need the bonnet latch, other wie it dont line up . the head light plug straight up and the front indicators plug straight up the indicators come with diffrent plugs and only take wo of the 3 wires that the levin had becsuse the trueno dont hve a park light on the side they are on the front near the indicators depending o what model and bmper you have.

u can run the third wire from the sides down to the park lights at te front , i just did a trial and error with the indicators to find what wires did what.

once u ahve your lights working and indicators working you will run into the problem that ur lights dont go up and down.

once u have the pannels and light hooked up you going to need go to toyota and get 2 relay switchs

1 relay light retractor , part number 85964- 12010 its going to set you back about $120 big ones
2 light retractor control , part number 85963- 14011 and this one is aboutt he same $ 130

the parts will have to come from japan, and u will ahve to wait for 6 weeks to get them
This is what i did untill i got the guys at toyota to search what other cars had the same relay switchs in then, all the 81 to 85 celica's if they have pop up lights have the same relay switchs in them , so to save $250 go to the wreckers and try and find one of these old cars you see heaps of them around.they should be located at the front between the lights on a bracket, the other is under the dash.

once u have theres you will go to an aut electrician and he will say we need wireing diagrams and then u will go ok, then go home and start looking. i did this also to find out the e86 work shop manual has the wiring diagrams for every relay in the car but these two , and in no way shows u what wire gose to what pin.

so f anyone know the wireing diagram for these two relays. or has a trueno and wanta to take 5 mints to post the wireing on here that would save me alot of trueble and alot of othere people having the same problem

or email me if u have the diagrams for theses two relays

[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AE86 Driveshaft too long? [SOLVED] MyCrazyGarage 12 5,274 07-28-2022 10:48 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Can you convert your 86 back too the original state? gh0st 7 2,176 04-25-2022 04:25 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Sub panel and rotary-button replacement for Levin -> Trueno conversion gh0st 9 4,332 11-05-2021 08:17 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  4age hitting gas too quick means engine stalls - what is the issue? Ryo 20 26,014 06-27-2018 11:15 PM
Last Post: Ryo
  Toda timing info - with good general 4AG timing info too oldeskewltoy 0 4,039 11-05-2016 01:34 AM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy