engine boggs when reving
11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
engine boggs when reving
Hi there,

i agree with the above opinions. You must check your ignition timing, injector cables and TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).

For the ignition timing you have to use a more specialize tool and i beleive it is better to go to a mechanic to check it for you. You must tell him to do what jondee told. To make a wright mesurement you need to shortcircuit the two terminals on the Diagnosis plug in the engine bay.

For TPS adjustment you need an ohmeter (device that mesures resistance) and a feeler (it is the tool for mesuring valve clearence)

If you have a fast internet connection download the manuals from here

http://www.aeu86.org/index/technical-ae8...topic=5158

Inside the manuals you can find the above operations step by step....

Good luck,

Dennis.

P.S. If nothing of the above work i would suggest to check your fuel pump too.

EDIT

I saw your video....

You also have your check engine light lighted. That means there is a problem and you could check it refering to the diagnosis manual from the link above... Is your idle at 1500 rpm or your car is cold when you recorded the video?

Toyota Corolla KE30 + Toyota Corolla AE86
Find all posts by this user
12-03-2007, 01:27 PM
engine boggs when reving
dikolotour >my idle should be at 1500 , and yeah it was cold .

I'm waiting on my friend to get the timing light gun for me, in the mean time im just fixing a few things here and there. I'll keep everyone posted and thanks to everyone whos been helping me , i really appreciate it. Thumbs up!
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  toyota a series engine....can a fwd corolla engine be used 210 datsun guy 5 7,675 10-30-2013 11:18 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Reving/Idle Problem??? jamieae86 10 9,394 11-24-2011 08:03 PM
Last Post: max_ae86
  Need engine,any engine Apolan 25 16,565 10-29-2006 06:55 PM
Last Post: ZaX