discussion: Oldskool carbs or Motorbikes Keihin?
12-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Weber IDF and DCOE or Dellorto DHLA sidedrafts were widely used in many competition and road cars in Europe, and there's many people who can set them properly. I heard that DHLA's are actually easier to set than other carbs like this. If not carbs, maybe the 20v ITB's would be an option? I suppose it would work great, especially if used with Megasquirt ECU. And btw guys: I've heard that the company that makes Megasquirt also released ignition-controlling computers, can anyone confirm this?

NoHachi - are you thinking about something like Freddom ECU, setting itself when you drive? Guess it would be really popular among European 86 users...

Ahhh, VTEC. All the lag, none of the turbo. It's like waiting for bad sex.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Darkstar, you can use the newer generation MS2 ECU's to controll both spark and fuel..

And yeah..self learning like Freedom..only better and more reliable.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
12-23-2005, 09:58 PM
I recently read moto's reply on a question pazza asked about the freedom ECU (guess he bought it from Ian?). The self learning feature is a setting where you start of with a rich map..and the ECU gradually sets it leaner and leaner. Now I suppose it does this using wideband lambda sensor input...but Moto also mentioned that if you let it run in this "learning" mode for long it will start making things too lean because not every driving stile allows the engine to run as lean as some other casual driving might permit. It just makes things leaner and leaner and if you dont save the map and get it out of learning mode when it's about right it will lean things out untill you eventually ruin your engine.
BTW, you can control ignition with the old megasquirt ECU's too...but you'll need the megasquirt 'n spark extra software and some minor hardware mods. The latest V3.0 PCB requires less or not modifications to be able to run spark control I think..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Type of carbs to suit 4ag kpretro84 23 21,461 02-09-2013 02:29 AM
Last Post: bakonick
  TPS for carbs totta Crolla 7 6,989 01-30-2013 09:14 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  co idle mixture - discussion Apsogos 12 11,907 07-13-2012 02:31 PM
Last Post: Apsogos
  webber carbs continued joon900 2 3,351 07-10-2010 02:10 AM
Last Post: joon900
  need expirienced ae86 owners..webber carbs help..frustrated joon900 4 7,061 06-25-2010 01:21 PM
Last Post: eight-six