beware of paradise racing
05-29-2007, 02:52 PM
good point also good moment to close the topic! Before people start with opinions which leads to useless discussions!

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
I actually found out tracking numbers for international shipping worldwide aren't always that usefull either unless you use the very expensive shipping companies like UPS or DHL. The other companies often have subcontracts with other shippers and tracking is poor, even with tracking numbers. Also tracking still don't help you when customs is involved. I only have had good experiences with this with international business to business shipping.

Even TNT-Post gives out tracking numbers for shipping outside of the EU but specifically lets you know that these numbers can only be used for inquiries, not for live tracking, and these inquiries can take weeks before you get an answer. Also had this with Jamiemirror when we finally used the tracking number for a package sent by him to me to get info. Weeks after it finally arived here we got a reply that it had been delivered.
Ergo, useless for safeguarding your shipment.

Other then that. Good points on the shipping and international orders NoHachi. Do keep in mind that such a topic as the one of 3TC serves as a good warning to what has gone wrong in the past. Its still hard to judge whether we're talking about 1% or 99% of orders placed with Luis. Also what if he starts doing everything perfectly from tomorow forward? These topics exist forever.

Robo, we don't close topics so quickly. If this discussion indeed goes into nothingness we can always do so. But I'm no censor..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Good points on tracking #s mux, but I meant it more as one more way to check whether your goods have actually been shipped. From there on, its your own problem imho, not the vendors.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
As my customer service stand point, I will like the customer give me a contact phone number. If sometime goes wrong, I can at least contact the customer right away and address the issue. Email is good but it will take days to communicate.

I don't mind calling people around the world. I think some of the people who order from our shop have heard my voice at the phone. The phone fee is not that expersive (but the phone company cut me off sometimes) by using phone card. It is like 2 to 5 cent per min.

For me, this is the customer service that they entitle to have. I also find out that a 1 minute real live person voice will calm the customer faster than 10+email.

By the way, The time zone is good for phone communication to Europe (11am in Pacific Time USA = 7pm Central Europe Time). So if you have any problem of your order, please give me your phone number so i can talk to you. Ironiclly, If you don't hear my voice, that means the shipment went smoothly and you are happy about your order, This is just a reality of this business - only hear the problem.

Maxwell Arancon
Vice President
PASS RACING INC
148 S.8th Ave, Unit-F
City of Industry, USA
[email protected]
http://www.passracing.com
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - beware of paradise racing]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-30-2007, 11:05 AM
RoninMax Wrote:As my customer service stand point, I will like the customer give me a contact phone number. If sometime goes wrong, I can at least contact the customer right away and address the issue. Email is good but it will take days to communicate.

I don't mind calling people around the world. I think some of the people who order from our shop have heard my voice at the phone. The phone fee is not that expersive (but the phone company cut me off sometimes) by using phone card. It is like 2 to 5 cent per min.

For me, this is the customer service that they entitle to have. I also find out that a 1 minute real live person voice will calm the customer faster than 10+email.

By the way, The time zone is good for phone communication to Europe (11am in Pacific Time USA = 7pm Central Europe Time). So if you have any problem of your order, please give me your phone number so i can talk to you. Ironiclly, If you don't hear my voice, that means the shipment went smoothly and you are happy about your order, This is just a reality of this business - only hear the problem.

that is what I call a good customer service Thumbs up!

Vladimir
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - beware of paradise racing]

N/A for life...
05-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Heya Maxwell,

RoninMax Wrote:For me, this is the customer service that they entitle to have. I also find out that a 1 minute real live person voice will calm the customer faster than 10+email.
Very true, its also much easier to be misunderstood on email. Email is great for general purpose communication as you can answer when you have time. Phone is great to personalize communication, make decisions, get a real feel for what is going on.

RoninMax Wrote:This is just a reality of this business - only hear the problem.
And that is the root of the problem we're discussing here I think.

You only hear about the problems. Not only in the contact with your customers, but also when you look at forums like this one. The problems are highlited, nobody talks about all the things that go good.

Thats why I don't believe people like Gabe (see earlier topic concerning T3) or Luis are doing bad business as some of these topics on various boards suggest. These are just the few cases where things go really wrong.
Sure things go wrong and sure they make mistakes just like everyone else, but if they really were doing such bad business, they wouldn't have been in business for as long as they are and be aswell known as they are today (doesn't mean they shouldn't try to be even better Smile ).

Still it's good that these sortof topics exist because we should know about things that go wrong, but only if they stay in perspective so we can make a difference between isolated cases, and people that really screw up their business.

That said, you're healthy view on keeping customer relations is something to be proud of I think (but I'm biassed saying this due to our business relationship offcourse Wink ).

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EBAY BEWARE !! eg6maxx 10 8,335 03-18-2007 11:36 PM
Last Post: Red
  STAGE ONE IMPORTS - BEWARE Lipinhu 23 16,191 03-09-2007 02:05 PM
Last Post: Holli