Intake arm
05-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Intake arm
I've finally got some money to spend on my 86 and ive been teasing myself looking at parts all day! One thing i hate on my car is the inlet arm that the filter is on is battered and i want a new one.

I know replacing for OEM is going to be hard to find and/or expensive! so i was wondering is there any companies that sell mass produced silicone or hard pipe parts for less than the original part?

Thanks for the help oh and to save me asking on another thread what is the biggest brake disc size i can fit on my 86 standard calipers with 15 Rota grid V's? I had a quick search but everything brake related seem to just lead to the rx7 set up with mini discs.

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
05-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Intake arm
Hi, you still haven´t been up to the shop... Wink
We can look at it, sort out what you need and give you a qoute, for material/ work, as simple as that.
I run a samco reducer 90° elbow to suit my K&N filter. Samco/ RM (rallydesign) will be the most common suplier of Silicon hoses.

If I understand you right, you want bigger discs for your stock calipers? Don´t see the point in that...
Either service the OEM brakes as they are quiet good if your car ist stripped etc, upgrade the OEM brake with disc and pads, braided lines or upgrade to a Mazda or any other setup( AP, willwood,...) loads of money and not really neccesary if you´re not racing it on a track and bet blue discs and brake fading all the time.

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
05-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Intake arm
Haha i know believe me its on the top of my list after fixing my heater valve (Just need to get some hoses from a MR2 for a little bodge) cambelt and then its come up to the shop! if the weather improves that could be soon.

That's great its defiantly something im interested in doing . With the brakes on the front both my discs and pads are nearing the end of their life, i've heard a lot of hype about mintex pads so i was going to do a pad and disc upgrade and was wondering what was the biggest size disc is that I can run, disc wise I was looking at something around £120ish like the black diamond discs.

I should be ordering my cambelt kit, water pump and auxilary belt from Fensport in the week so i might be able to get up to you next weekend (i know i've said that before haah!) I'll drop you a call before whenever it is before i get round to coming up!

Oh anything else you would reccomend to do service wise whilst doing the cambelt? the engine is around 80k (assuming it hasnt been clocked) Like i've said before i've always done stuff by the book (the Haynes manual) and remember doing my fuel filter around the 80k mark is it worth doing?

Cheers.
05-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Intake arm
No worries dude. Smile

I guess you´ve done all the oils+ filter? What about spark plugs, leads, dizzy cap + rotor? Fensport sells some NGK iridium plugs for resonable money.
Just the basics like on any other engine.

Once you´re servicing your engine and you probably got 25quid spare money just do the fuel filter, too.

Forgot to tell, new (race) brake fluid and a good brake bleed does help a lot.

Cu, Max.

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
05-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Intake arm
yer man done diff gearbox and engine oils with new plugs leads, dizzie, I think im going to make my pockets a lighter and get the full belt tensioner water pump and auxilary belt (mine is fraying!) and while im at it the fuel filter wouldnt hurt and a coolant flush!

What brake fluid would you reccomend? i suppose i'll just get the stuff on the fensport site whilst im ordering everything else, I wont be going to the pub for a while! i suppose it has to be done as i want to get it on track!

My mate was saying something about a special Volvo build of yours? i'll have to check that out when i come up!
05-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Intake arm
I´m running Motul RBF600, but any other decent brake fluid (DOT4) will do, stay off the DOT5.1.

He´s probably taking about this one? We do a lot of them now as they are getting popular every day... Like "the UK AE86" Smile
http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/10/car_...age_volvo/

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
05-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Intake arm
I'll get some of that in then!

That is a bad ass Volvo, you love your carbon!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AE86 4age engine not starts crank ok backfires to air intake Ryo 18 15,378 08-16-2018 01:36 AM
Last Post: Bean
  Lower arm hits toe arm on lock... fullybuiltmiata 12 12,159 01-14-2016 11:52 PM
Last Post: Deuce Cam
  valve tick on cylender two intake dinkers542 31 25,680 12-15-2014 09:52 AM
Last Post: Bean
  4age blue top from MR2 same intake manifold? dinkers542 8 9,788 11-02-2014 05:24 PM
Last Post: ditn
  4AGE Heat Shielding Intake Gasket asyrigos 11 22,646 04-01-2013 10:58 AM
Last Post: asyrigos