aftermarket exhaust
05-11-2008, 09:31 PM
aftermarket exhaust
Realy? Ive always considered Kakimoto and Fujitsubo as best.

Integra Type R vs AE86 Levin
Find all posts by this user
05-11-2008, 10:09 PM
aftermarket exhaust
i recomend the OBX system.. works nice for me.. but if u have money for lower engine pillows buy it to. nice sound to Big Grin

Don´t Think About The Past,
Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
05-11-2008, 10:45 PM
aftermarket exhaust
I use the OBX system, nice quality,nice price, nice sound (a bit loud tho...) but shit fitment. But works nice for me too Thumbs up!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - aftermarket exhaust]
05-12-2008, 12:23 AM
aftermarket exhaust
The Kakimoto looks the job but Ive seen alot of them on Jap imports & they usually are worst for wear

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
05-12-2008, 10:02 AM
aftermarket exhaust
Rossi Wrote:If your car is mega low go for the first 2 as they go over axle, i would go for Kakimoto they are usually not too noisy.

Somehow I was thinking, that exhausts which goes over axle are more suitable for cars with stock height (not lowered) because space between body and axle decrese with lowering Confused

I was thinking about Megan Racing Toyota AE86 Drift-Spec Exhaust for our track car, but now I am confused.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2008, 11:26 AM
aftermarket exhaust
So Im confused.
Which is correct for lowered car? Under or over axle?

05-12-2008, 11:44 AM
aftermarket exhaust
gt99 Wrote:Somehow I was thinking, that exhausts which goes over axle are more suitable for cars with stock height (not lowered) because space between body and axle decrese with lowering Confused

Exactly! Thats the truth! If you mount an underdiff exhaust under a stock height car you will get problems when you jack up your car and indeed if you lower youre car alot you will not have enough room voor an overdiff.

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
05-12-2008, 12:24 PM
aftermarket exhaust
It's easy to get confused with these cars with "live" rear axles. But think of it like this; you get to choose which of 3 places to bang your exhaust!

Either
1) squeeze your over-axle exhaust between the chassis and axle in every bump if your car is seriously lowered, or
2) have the axle hit your under-axle exhaust from above every time the load is off the suspension, for instance jacking the car up, or
3) have your under-axle exhaust so low that it scrapes the ground on every road surface other than a racetrack Wink

1987 Levin 3d - daily drifter (to be)
1990 SW20 MR2 w/ gen3 3S-GTE - daily poser
05-12-2008, 12:43 PM
aftermarket exhaust
This is my car with coilovers and hks hi-power (over axle) don´t hit anything, but it was hard to fit (length issues)

05-12-2008, 01:19 PM
aftermarket exhaust
OK so it seems clear as for layout.
But do I have to also consider future engine mods, like high profile cams, ITbs... ?