What´s Your watertemp when driving
07-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Hi All,

I would like to know if any of Your drive your cars at a racetrack,and what water temps you are having in your cars.

On mine with a brand new OE radiator(don´t no why i got this ,but it was cheap)
The watertemp when driving my normal pace(120-150km/t) the temp today was at 90degrees ,that´s now in the hot weather(in the morning with the same speed)it´s 85 degrees.

I wonder if this is to hot, so when i take it to the track, it wount last long,before the temp goes sky high or is this normal?

My car is turbo charged and there is a big oil cooler and a big IC in front of the rad,so maybe it will get to hot.

I need all the input i can get Smile

Regards,
Skassa

Any fool can go fast in a straight line.
VEMS Blacktop 4AGTE20V 272hp/350nm
"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2005, 04:37 AM
Hey man.

I don't know to much about track cars but do you have a good cooling fan?? did you up grade this when you upgraded the radiator. Also is the air getting to the face of the radiator? If its not then I would say this would be your problem...also is your thermostat in good cond?

Just a thought Confused

I once read that you shouldnt believe everything you read.
07-04-2005, 12:32 PM
when i had a fairly stock motor, i could stay out on the track all day. then i put in some cams and the car would overheat so fast. 120+ deg C. so then i put in a two core aluminium radi. and i could stay on the track all day again, with the temp only reaching and staying at 90 deg C.

i did have an oil cooler through all of this, and it really only worked after the radiator upgrade. oil temps before new radi- 135 deg C, with new radi- 100 deg C.

i was using stock clutch fan to pull and an electric fan to push on the oil cooler.

oh yea, this was in okinawa, where it gets to 37 deg C and up. humidity is also very high.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - What´s Your watertemp when driving]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Thanks,

Is the rad you got from another car or is it made to your car?

When i drive it at the road it will stay at 90 degrees,even if i push it hard,but i know that,that can´t compare to a trackday

Thanks,
Skassa

"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
07-06-2005, 06:08 AM
the radi is from griffin radiator, it is for a scirroco drag race application. it is 2 core, but each core is 2.5cm wide. it is shorter than an 86 one.

i hear they are starting to make ones to fit the 86. look at taka on club4ag. he is sponsored by griffin. i just happened to get my radiator before he got one made for him. i had to use reducers on the piping.

also the radiator is cross-flow, meaning it will run cooler than most down flow radi's.

and brand new it was like 220USD, with a fan and shroud is 500USD.

http://www.griffinrad.com for info. mine is 2-28185-X part number

07-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Thanks,
I will look into it
Smile

"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
08-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Hey Denmark.

I have been doing some searching for a costom radiator here in Denmark, and i found this firm
http://www.bigas.dk/

I haven't contacted them yet, but having a look at their products list, i think they can make probably everything.

Regards
Lars Veiss, Denmark
Currently [URL=http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/dk-ae86-renovation-and-turbo-project---now-driveable/t/2474/start=150[/URL]
08-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Hey Skassa,

Higgi told me he replaced his radiator with one from a first generation RX7, he sais its about twice as thick as the Hachi one and is a near direct fit.

Plenty of RX7 first generation cars around in Denmark so you should be able to salvage one. Else you migth wanne try knudsen and have him ask KimSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
08-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Hi All,

When i was at the track,driving it hard for 45min wíthout a stop,the watertemp was 110 degrees for the water, Huh
and 118 for the oil,
So i do need to get a better radiator,and the oil coller i got is working great.

Regards,
Skassa

"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
08-07-2005, 01:06 AM
if they sell redline water wetter, it might suffice. but a thicker radiator is always good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you convert your 86 back too the original state? gh0st 7 2,176 04-25-2022 04:25 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Build your own adjustable fuel pressure regulator ;) oldeskewltoy 8 19,587 08-19-2018 12:08 PM
Last Post: AlexKTM
  How would/have you rebuild your 4age? joaotcgt 6 8,416 07-21-2015 10:40 AM
Last Post: mad.matt
  Your Attention, Please.... oldeskewltoy 1 3,518 07-30-2014 09:04 PM
Last Post: driftmaniacae86
  How to adjust the idle speed on your Toyota 4A-GE motor Homem Bomba 1 4,056 06-30-2013 01:08 PM
Last Post: Homem Bomba