Website update
11-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Website update
Excuse me for the shameless self promotion, but i have updated my AE86 site and i want to tell everyone !

its at http://www.ae86.co.uk

Its has a collection of brochures and magazine articles in the READ section including RetroCars articles of mine and simons cars. There are plenty of holes i still have to fill, and if you have something that should feature, let me know.

On the other owners section i would like to feature some of your cars, i could also add an online register that could be protected to just users of this forum.

Let me know your ideas and thoughts.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Website update
Hey Jon,

Fixed your link there mateSmile

Nice site! Not all the links are working yet though...

You can add my car AFTER the paintjob is doneSmileSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Website update
I like youre site, but the dead links are pretty annoying,...

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Website update
Great site!!
When are you going to put the video's online?
11-24-2004, 12:50 AM
Website update
JonT Wrote:Excuse me for the shameless self promotion, but i have updated my AE86 site and i want to tell everyone !

its at http://www.ae86.co.uk

Its has a collection of brochures and magazine articles in the READ section including RetroCars articles of mine and simons cars. There are plenty of holes i still have to fill, and if you have something that should feature, let me know.

On the other owners section i would like to feature some of your cars, i could also add an online register that could be protected to just users of this forum.

Let me know your ideas and thoughts.
Tsk, tsk. You read the rules of the forum, agreed with them and still you do not obey them. Big Grin

Since your site is not intended as a business I will not play the role of evil admin. >Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Website update]
11-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Website update
Banpei, can't we change the rules so it only inflicts sites with a commercial goal or something? I dont see any harm in AE86 owners advocating the site they have made in honor of their cars?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

11-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Website update
mux213 Wrote:Banpei, can't we change the rules so it only inflicts sites with a commercial goal or something? I dont see any harm in AE86 owners advocating the site they have made in honor of their cars?
Well, the reason why I did it this way is quite simple: draw a strickt line to prevent discussion about the gray areas. But I do agree with you that it should be changed... I'll do it right away. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Website update]
11-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Website update
2 Jon: keep up the good work. I found your site long time ago and it was very useful. Thumbs up!

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
11-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Website update
@Banpai, sorry i didn't study the rules hard enough wlse i wouldn't have done this. Mind you with the amount of content from the site being featured in some threads it was happening in its own way. I think you may have even used the Trueno catalogue from my site, i have had these listed for around 5 years !

Sorry for the missing sections, more will be added as soon as i have time to create them.
11-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Website update
Jon, no worries mate.

The thing me and Banpei just dont want is people starting commercial activities to better themselves through our forum. In that way your soon to open shop on your site will brake the rules but aslong as you dont start promoting it here I'll look the other way and Banpei will do the same I guess, the rest of your site is an asset and of great interest to the people visiting this forumSmile

But when we first started we had some import guy starting to sell the cars he could import and promote his business through our buy/sell section and that is just not the goal of our site. Gets us into trouble and makes this site less independent.

Personally, I never believe in rules, I believe in the reason behind the rules. When you dont brake the reason behind the rule its fine by me.

There is a law against driving around with a broken light on your car. This is because if you do not have lights on your car you can't be seen at night and that is dangerous. If someone drives around with a broken light for months without the wish to replace the broken light then he will be fined as the law states, which is good, throw him in jail for all I care because he's a danger to me as he could well get me into an accident because of his broken light.
If someone brakes his light and will fix it as soon as is possible but before he gets the chance and gets pulled over by a police officer who needs to meet his quota and give him a big fine. Than that is bad and the police officer should get a beating for abusing the law. (heck the idiot politition that dreamt up that quota in the first place should be publicly foltered).

P.s. per the rules you are allowed to put a link to your commercial site in your signature aslong as you keep it discreetSmile
P.S.S. forgive my spelling faultsSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pics of my hachi -update- 09/2009 page 2 PetzK 43 38,058 09-23-2009 09:53 AM
Last Post: tolisspi
  CJ's amateur drift practice - movies: last update: 15.11.08 cj 14 12,609 11-17-2008 03:46 PM
Last Post: cj
  Driftskool AE86 update 56k no no! richieu 9 7,068 08-27-2005 07:07 PM
Last Post: richieu