Waterpump stuff...
08-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Waterpump stuff...
Okay so the other day my waterpump decided to snap in half for some unknown reason Huh .
So anyway, I cant afford a new one yet and I just happen to have this 3A-U engine sitting here. So I whipped off the waterpump and test fitted it to the 4age, didnt quite fit as it had some random piece of metal on it. So I cut off the random piece of metal and everything lines up sweet, my only problem is that the pully sits about 3mm futher forward then on the 4age waterpump.
What are the possible effects if I drive (race, redline the hell out of it) it?

Btw this is only gonna be temporary...
Find all posts by this user
08-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Waterpump stuff...
Your accesory belt will probably snap or run off the pulleys sooner or later.
Dont go racing if your car is not in good working order...it's only going to end up costing you more (and a 4age waterpump isnt all that expensive anyway).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Waterpump stuff...
The AE92 pump fit to 100% - but you vill have to do without the thermostat.

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
08-31-2005, 04:16 AM
Waterpump stuff...
Thanks guys but I have another problem now Tongue

The bit that the waterpump bolts to seems to seems have alot of stuff connected to it underneath the inlet manifold and I cant seem to get to it, is it easiest to just remove the inlet manifold to get to it?
08-31-2005, 07:55 AM
Waterpump stuff...
I really dont know what you mean exactly. The waterpump on an ae86 is pretty straightforward, it has a front half and rear half, the rear half has the thermostat housing and pipe going to the radiator, the front is only the pumping bit. Cant remember seeing anything else connected to it behind that.
If you have an ae82 or ae92 then there should only be some bits of pipe behind it, but you can detach those on the waterpump end.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
08-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Waterpump stuff...
weird Confused on mine there seems to be some wacky piping connected to it or somthing...

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Waterpump stuff...]

Although you cant see it in this pic, there seems to be some wacky piping connected to the rear half behind where the white arrow is pointing, and its stopping it from coming out.
08-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Waterpump stuff...
Hmmm...I see some rubber tubes that probably go to the inlet manifold, but nothing else. If there is any metal piping connected to the back then you should be able to unbolt it from the pump housing..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Waterpump stuff...
Xyrath Wrote:Thanks guys but I have another problem now Tongue

The bit that the waterpump bolts to seems to seems have alot of stuff connected to it underneath the inlet manifold and I cant seem to get to it, is it easiest to just remove the inlet manifold to get to it?

You do not need to remove the inteake manifold at all.

09-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Waterpump stuff...
Ivan141 Wrote:Hmmm...I see some rubber tubes that probably go to the inlet manifold, but nothing else. If there is any metal piping connected to the back then you should be able to unbolt it from the pump housing..

There is a metal pipe that comes from the rear of the engine - under the intake manifold & bolts onto the thermostat housing.
It´s bolted - but the bolts "can" be a bit tricky to get loose.

K :wink:

09-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Waterpump stuff...
Haha thanks, took 3 hours on and off to get one of the bolts off with a 10mm ring spanner Banging head . But its out and hopefully fixed soon Tongue .

Thanks guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EGR valve and emission stuff CoolinAE86 7 6,313 01-22-2009 01:21 AM
Last Post: Project D
  JDM HiComp MAP plugs - crossover from EU/NADM stuff? celica-fiend 3 3,857 04-28-2008 04:51 PM
Last Post: celica-fiend
  lightweight crank, alternator, waterpump pulleys aussiefan 9 6,995 03-08-2008 08:14 PM
Last Post: aussiefan
  Want to yank some stuff off my car. Need help. sho_shane 11 8,358 07-02-2007 04:31 PM
Last Post: sho_shane
  part numbers for AE86 brake stuff wanted! The Doctor 8 6,539 09-04-2006 12:54 PM
Last Post: oldskull