Wahey
03-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Wahey
I passed my Test today Hurray! I was very nearly failed when a guy cut me up on a roundabout causing me to brake. Luckily my reactions were quicker than the examiners and I hit the brakes before he had a chance to think about using the dual controls. Cool

Now it's time to get on with making the Hachi a car to be recognised.
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Wahey
Well done. You'll find that you learn to drive [u:8ff07f738f]after[/u:8ff07f738f] you've passed your test, TBH I found it really wierd for a week or so after I passed my test because although I knew what I was supposed to do, I was still expecting to hear instructions from someone.

Learning to drive and learning to pass a driving test are two different things sadly.
03-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Wahey
Congratulations! Smile

Indeed: you still have to learn to drive after you have passed your test. I found out that driving to work streight through Amsterdam each day teaches you far more than any driving instructor could have teached me.

Besides that: instructors do not like people trying to find the cars limits. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Wahey]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Wahey
nice nice!! congratulations!! Now be carefull out there, alot of stupid drivers are ready to cross your path you know...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Wahey
Congratulations! Now have LOTS of fun in that beauty of a hachi! Hurray!

03-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Wahey
Thanks a lot guys. I can certainly understand what youre saying about people not telling you what to do in your ear. Before my test I just had a feeling as if it were like learning to ride a bike all over again. I just knew what I had to do, it was a case of proving it to the examiner. I can now rest easy and take things in my stride to learn how to tackle various situations Thumbs up!
03-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Wahey
Jezza_hr Wrote:I can now rest easy and take things in my stride to learn how to tackle various situations Thumbs up!
Now you get to learn what's really important out there;

Looking for Apex everywhere,
feint drifting,
shift locking,
heel-toe bliping,
least amount of kms / litre and so on!

Hurray!

03-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Wahey
Widar relax mate. Congrats on the license don't mess up I had my license for a year before I got a hachi and still it was a very unfamiliar car.

Its actually pretty dangerous if you don't know what you drive or how to control it.

Be carefull the tail slides if you push it to hard and when you do that with a 100 or higher it could get real messy

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
03-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Wahey
robokill Wrote:Widar relax mate.
Big Grin Respect!

03-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Wahey
It has to be said that after driving it I couldn't disagree with Robokill more. It feels like I was born to fit in this car, it feels just great and better than any of the other cars I have driven. I have yet to fit my panhard rod yet so I relly need to get in gear and get it done. I just need to get all the parts to do it.