Tokiko Hp & Eibach & Cusco 1.5 RS & koni Sport
05-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Hello.

My ae86 have rear koni sport and OEM springs and front shocks. I buy 4 tokiko HP & 4 Eibach springs & cusco rs 1.5. a few days ago, I use my ae every day but is my funny car. I like a tougue car, 50%drift 50%grip 50% Rallycar Undecided Big Grin as i the best configuration to this? I, don´t kow if put all tokiko hp or front tokiko hp and koni yellow rear....

Anybody put cusco 1.5 rs? I,ll have to cut my axels?

Thanks

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Tokiko Hp & Eibach ...koni Sport]
Find all posts by this user
05-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Hey Abe,

Hmmm choosing between koni and tokico, thats a hard choice. I've got koni's all round and am very satisfied but I heard tokico's are very very good aswell. If I am not mistaken the tokico's are adjustable while mounted on the car which is a real plus over koni's especially if you want to adjust them depending on what you are doing at that time. Soften them up for normal driving, tighten them up for drift, playing around with changing front to rear ratio's, etc. For koni you need to take em out to do the same, unless if you have short stroke koni's at the front that is..

Dont know about the cusco diff...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-16-2006, 10:55 PM
I buy the tokiko Hp (blues) I think this model can´t be adjustable, but I,m not sure. I read tokiko blues are a bit soft than koni sport....

The tokiko HTS are adjustable and Keichi tsuchiya said that are the best shock for AE86.... but I don´t have enought money to buy it Crying

05-16-2006, 11:43 PM
blues aren't good go koni!

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
05-17-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't have the AE for drift, I want a fast car in all ground, I usually drive in small roads with holes and a lot of turns..... I had Koni Sport in other car, and i feel it a bit stiffer for this type of road... whit good ground they work very well. If tokiko only have a bit soft than koni sport I think that i'll have happy with this....

I'm thinking in put tokiko blues in front wheels and koni sport, do you think this is a good combination?

I only have Koni sport for rear wheels.

05-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Ah crap, I mix up hp and hts again, hahahaSmile

Well go for the yellow koni's they are the best, you can adjust them to soft when you need to, adjust them to hard when you want to have fun. The hp's are nice if you are on a budget, they even survive some nice track work. Great affordable shocks for a daily driver with an occasional track day.

But if you want more out of your car, koni yellow or HTS is the way to goSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-17-2006, 10:08 AM
I have Tokico blues on my car as well. They are reasonable shocks for the price, but Koni's are better. You can use the tokico in front and koni in the back, it will give you a bit of adjustability. If you make the rear very stiff you'll have more oversteer, or you can set it up softer for more neutral handling. It's very easy to change the rear shock absorbers so you can always switch if you dont like it.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2006, 04:30 PM
yes, I think whit my cusco 1.5 way my hachi will be more understeer... and i think that tokiko in front and koni in rear can be a neutral stearing....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cusco Powerball Headers on a NA 4AGE 16V? JDMitch 11 19,076 05-01-2021 10:09 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  KONI Sports shocks for the AE86... jondee86 11 19,317 09-08-2017 03:38 AM
Last Post: jondee86
  What is normal and low caster in Cusco camber plates?? T_AE86 9 14,184 01-07-2016 02:56 AM
Last Post: Deuce Cam
  Problems installing yellow koni's in my TE71 liftback teun 12 14,687 11-09-2013 03:01 PM
Last Post: teun
  Question about KONI shocks for an AE92 Apsogos 1 3,841 09-13-2013 07:40 AM
Last Post: Apsogos