Tokico HTS spacer?
07-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Tokico HTS spacer?
The problem is not in the shocks Euripides..its the spring length/rate combo that determines the height of the car. (assuming you didn't cut your cartridges).

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Tokico HTS spacer?
NoHachi Wrote:The problem is not in the shocks Euripides..its the spring length/rate combo that determines the height of the car. (assuming you didn't cut your cartridges).
No, I didn't cut my cartridges. So, the spacer is OK.
Which spirgs are the suitable ones for these shocks?
Any other solution to keep the springs for now? (May be a smaller bottom spacer bottom and another one on top?)
I'll destroy my shocks if I use the APEX?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Tokico HTS spacer?]
http://www.ae86.gr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Tokico HTS spacer?
Hiya,

Don't worry so much! Smile

The springs are suitable for the shocks..HTS's work ok with a wide range of springrates. If the car is not to low, you won't mess up your shocks with the springs.

The spacer under the shock is there for one reason only. To ensure that the HTS has a snug fit inside the strut cartridge. If the shock can move around to much in the strut, that causes problems..but I dont think that is the case with your setup right.

If you can live with the difference in heights then there is no problem. I wouldn't lower it in the front without going to the full expense of short strokes. Just drive and enjoy what is probably a bad JDM bling photographer (TM: Alimonos) setup, but a decent one to drive.

07-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Tokico HTS spacer?
I think its decent to drive yes, but I m practically sure he wants it to look ok too...

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Tokico HTS spacer?] http://www.jdmbits.com
07-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Tokico HTS spacer?
It's not the look i care...

It's different. The normal is higher back. I don't think the steering will be the same... Confused

07-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Tokico HTS spacer?
It sounds like you already have it rolling..why not jump into the car and try it out. You might like it.
If not, the only thing I can come up with is different springs/coilovers... that or cutting the front springs Tongue

(cutting them is a bad idea)

07-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Tokico HTS spacer?
NoHachi Wrote:It sounds like you already have it rolling..why not jump into the car and try it out. You might like it.
If not, the only thing I can come up with is different springs/coilovers... that or cutting the front springs Tongue
(cutting them is a bad idea)
Yes, I already tested it. I think it can be better. I didn't pressed to the limit, but I hate the idea of "understeering maybe"... :wink:
More tests to run asap to more familiar roads...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  trd solid spacer how to? slowboy2 11 14,904 04-21-2012 08:13 AM
Last Post: slowboy2
  Long Stroke Springs - Espelier 40mm Tokico ??? juantonwan 20 15,425 05-11-2010 10:31 PM
Last Post: jondee86
  wheel rim spacer center bore, 60mm ? Uzelac 4 9,011 01-21-2010 08:10 PM
Last Post: aussiefan
  Rear travel setup with Tokico HTS 102 Uzelac 5 8,536 05-19-2009 01:33 AM
Last Post: Uzelac
  tokico HTS ? Spy 2 3,167 11-14-2006 08:15 AM
Last Post: Max_Misawa