HELP!!!!
04-25-2008, 10:56 PM
HELP!!!!
i have a 1985 toyota corolla GT-S (no conversions), 16v bluetop, all completely stock accept for trd headers. i did a motor swap, kept it stock. now my problem is:

a AFM set up, i crank over the car, it fires up super nice, no hestitation.. nothing... it fires up and begins to idle, then just shuts off. ive tried 3 different AFMs and still same problem... now heres what bothers me --> when i start the car if i stick my finger on the door of the AFM and keep it open the car will stay on, my idle kicks up to 2000rpms. this isnt a bother because when i plug the hole on the throttle body it normals out (idle air valve is bad). now with the car idling, when i step on the throttle it completely dies. i have purchased and installed new fuel pump, new fuel regulator, new AFM, tested my injectors (GOOD), getting 12v to my pump, changed out the fuel relay, and also installed a ECU from a running corolla (pin: 10p 18p 14p). im stuck... i dont know where to go from here... odd enough, the connected that connects to the AFM has a other connector (its a T shape connecter thats just there) that was never connected to anything (ive owned the car since 91). i took it to a mechanic, he stuck a wire in the connector jumping it to itself... the car now runs properly... yet i dont want to be mobbing around with a connector jumped to itself, and i dont want something to short out... im stuck, i dont know what to test anymore, i dont know where to go because mechanics out here are stupid and im getting pissed... HELP! plz!! thanks for reading.
-Tony
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2008, 04:43 AM
HELP!!!!
Check the grounds.

Fully Restored 1985 Corolla GT-S
1987 328ci SR20DET Drift Car
1989 Honda Civic Si-R Current Project
2002 Corolla CE Daily Driver

http://www.TheTunerSource.com
Find all posts by this user