Temp sensor
06-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Temp sensor
you bleed the cooling system?..I just let it run with the radiator cap off for a minute usually..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Temp sensor
ok, I'll just let the car run without the radiator cap.

Thing is, I really don't see any other reason that the temp sensor will not work.

I tested the sensor in a bowl of boiling water and connected it up. The gauge moved all the way to the middle.

Upon installing it back into the car, the gauge only moves to the middle of the "c" on the gauge. I can only think that it is caused by an air bubble near the sensor or something.

What do u guys think?

Trueno for sale!
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Temp sensor
mykkk Wrote:ok, I'll just let the car run without the radiator cap.

Thing is, I really don't see any other reason that the temp sensor will not work.

I tested the sensor in a bowl of boiling water and connected it up. The gauge moved all the way to the middle.

Upon installing it back into the car, the gauge only moves to the middle of the "c" on the gauge. I can only think that it is caused by an air bubble near the sensor or something.

What do u guys think?

well, it could be the sensor itself, it functions, but out of scale! normal opertaing temp (middle gauge) is about 82C, boiling water is 100C!!!
a temp sensor here in italy costs like 3-4 euro, get new one and see, if still wrong, then check the gauge itself, it also might have some part burned or something. there was a guy with a Carina E recently on the Bulgarian forum, and his gauge had some part burned, so it always went to the max temp, while the real temp was in normal range, he changed it, and the thing went back to normal. so concider that, rather than a bubble, which is almost impossible, in my opinion.
cheers,
punky
Wave

Punky's Corner
06-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Temp sensor
Ok I just tried to get any air out of the system by running the car without the radiator cap off....

The reading on the gauge comes out the same.

Maybe it is the sensor that I need to replace. Over here, the sensor from toyota costs about £30 I think, that is roughly 45euro! Sad

Its just funny that the 2 sensors both give the same result, the reading just at the "c" on the gauge. I'm just worried that the problem is a bit deeper than just the sensor itself.

Can anyone in europe get me a temp sensor for cheaper??

Thanks guys

Trueno for sale!
06-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Temp sensor
mykk, give me the pic and p/n if you can.
Maybe I can find here cheap non-original one. Brand new.
PS: Man, I think that shipping+sensor price will be close to your price anyways. Shipping is killer for low-cost elements.
06-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Temp sensor
Thanks for you help Jamie. It might be easier for me to just go to a Toyota garage.

I do have another question, because after some thinking, it may be something wrong with my gauge.

If I do the lightbulb test (I'm not sure if i did it with a 3.4w bulb, I used a bulb from the gauge cluster) is the needle supposed to rise all the way to the "H" ??

Thanks.

Trueno for sale!
06-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Temp sensor
My temp gauge works now!!!!

All from a replacement part from toyota, it wasn't too expensive £23.00

actually....thats like 30 euros!! Huh

Anyway thanks for everyones help, but another question I posted in another topic was

What size are the bolts for the LSD and gearbox?

I want to do an oil change and need to go get the right tools to do it!

Thanks for your help guys!

Mike

Trueno for sale!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lambda sensor wiring sam3007 10 3,312 05-23-2022 10:00 PM
Last Post: The Doctor
  AE86 Engine Coolant Temp Sensor izanagi 8 19,119 09-06-2014 05:47 PM
Last Post: izanagi
  Hall sensor totta Crolla 7 7,703 02-28-2014 10:07 AM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Video : Adjust the TPS (Throttle Pos Sensor) on the 4A-GE Homem Bomba 3 9,546 10-25-2013 05:13 PM
Last Post: Apsogos
  1/8 BSPT adapter for oil pressure sensor Dino86 4 6,600 06-15-2013 12:34 PM
Last Post: S.K.