Surreptitious.....
07-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Surreptitious.....
love it!! Thumbs up!

http://bruutt.blogspot.nl/
Projects: Lancer evo 4 rs, ae86 drifter, carina ta60 4a-ge & ae82gt twin cam..
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Surreptitious.....
WOW.......

Blush Blush

I've been neglectful in updating this.

1st update you can see in the photo above... it is a custom rear bumper to go along with the front one.

hmmmmmmmmm, seems like I forgot to post 1/4 mile times Confused??:

Let's see I brought her out to the evening drag races @ Portland International Raceway... Surreptitious's first runs ever, my first runs in over 25 years!

We did all of 3 passes....

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Surreptitious.....]

see, the #'s match 826G

If you look @ those slips you'll note I'm VERY slow off the line, but an 89mph trap speed while running a 3.9 final drive is pretty good. With a good driver I believe she can make passes close to 15 flat Huh

Her tune has come a LOOOONG way, and although I have no dyno sheet to show, I can assure you she is now above the 145 whp she planted 11 months back. How do I know this without a dyno?? Simple really... only 2 settings have changed; I've added 5 degrees more timing from 6k-9k, and the redline is now 7850 instead of 7500.

But there is far more to a tune then just running on a dyno, and that is what I've been doing since February. What I'm referring to is intown, or driving tuning. In my town of Portland Oregon, there are some "village" type sections of the town, one of these is called Sellwood. Sellwood is mostly older residences laid out in a grid, but there are no speeds in excess of 30mph (48kph), and most streets are 25(40) or less. Surreptitious can tool around Sellwood in 2nd gear at a tick above 1700 rpm and be happy Cool And just as easily I can accelerate from a dead stop in 2nd gear and, without upshifting, reach 68 mph(109kph) Huh Huh

So... with the tune coming along very nicely, I have time to think of working on the interior. I had thought I had gotten an older MOMO wheel, just to find out I lost it... well, good things come to those that wait :wink:

above is a 37cm nearly flat Nardi Yummie!

and some more interior news....

A custom recovered dash pad

disregard the 3 spoke its just there till I get the nardi in my hands. Btw, that 9k tach is sweet in there

Along with the wheel, and the recovered dashpad, I've acquired a set of Recaros

and while I've been waiting to build the bases, I've modified the Recaros, by adding lumbar support!!

AND........ the interior plastic bits....

are being restored as I write this, and I should be getting them back in the next week or so

obviously more to come..... :wink:

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
12-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Surreptitious.....
Dashpad is looking good! Thumbs up!
I like the looks of the leather AE82, too bad it is not such good combination with your interior...

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Surreptitious.....
Thanks... the Nardi wheel will just have to do :wink:

Notice... if you will, that in the photo showing all the interior bits.... the large "C" pillar trim is missing, well, I finally removed those, and sent them over to Color Glo... I HOPE to have a reconditioned photo of all the trim within a week or two.....

For over a year now I've been trying to find an extra "GT" emblem. There is the grill mounted one

and I've been trying to find something close so that I can add it to the back of the car....

From many searches there aren't many "GT" emblems, especially in red. What I usually end up finding are either Skyline GT-R emblems, or old Mustang type "GT" emblems.... or more recently the 370 GT emblems, none of them are even close enough to consider.

Well, while doing some chrismas shopping I come across a GT emblem from an Elantra - it cost all of $14.00 shipped :eek:

Its close... a bit of a lean, and the G and T are attached.

Part of that I can "fix"

Here is the "new" emblem and the original

It's not perfect, but mounted in the back(away from the one up front) few if any will actually see the difference........

So now to decide where on the back of the car to fit it. The small ledge directly under the taillamps are just tall enough to fit the emblem without overhang, another thought was to mount it to the spoiler face - off to one side or the other (it doesn't fit over the lock cylinder)

Anyone have any ideas? My initial idea was on the spoiler face directly over the right rear back-up lens... but I'm open to suggestions

here are some of the ideas.... (thanks to apex86 from C4AG)

I'm not sure it makes sense... but over the back-up light on the right kinda balances(????) the exhaust pipe under the back-up light on the left??? Or am I just enjoying the medication too much :roll:

Quote:I'm still waiting on the final lower control arms.... (ball joints do next week)

they'll get powder coated next week, and then well install AJPS sealed ball joints

Dan -

01-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Surreptitious.....
Well, its been a month and quite a bit has come together.

The lower control arms are in and the car is now aligned.........

and now, so is the steering on my car Thumbs up!

thank you Blake... and Garth

not only is the front end now set up and aligned, but she is now shod with a fresh set of 195/50/15 General Exclaims.

I know its tough to pull your eyes away Huh , but there is MORE!

Portland is a wonderful town, winters are usually mild as far as temps, but it can get drippy, drizzly, spitty at times. Having wipers is not enough, a windshield washer sytem is needed, and is now installed.

The original was located in the vicinity of the current airbox, and so another part, and location was needed. The "new" part is from a 1988 Mazda B2200 pick up truck, I used the tank, and most of the original bracket. I made a harness adapter, wired in the Mazda's original plug, and lengthened the new harness. The washer plumbing, on the other hand, was simple - all it required was routing, no cutting or splicing was needed!

Now, remember that nice Nardi wheel...... :wink:

its getting closer....... Yummie!

Dan -

02-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Surreptitious.....
Although the headlamps have been operational since Mark wired the car, the fog lamps being fully operational is new. If you remember David dropped one and I had to go to Europe to find replacements. The fog lamps are running Osram 100watt H1 bulbs, The headlamps are nothing special, Sylvania 6054 halogens... for now. I currently have one Cibie, I'm on the hunt for a second one

Dan -

03-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Surreptitious.....
Another step....

Driver side Recaro got mounted today.... Jesse and I spent the better part of the day getting an AE86 floor mount to fit an AE71 floor. They are VERY similar, the main difference we were able to find is bolt center across the front on the AE86 seat base is 16", while the AE71 spread is 16 3/8".... or enough of a difference for it to take us 4+ hours Blush (that includes a trip to get the hardware) So we only got the driver side in.

Driving impressions - utterly amazing how much difference a Recaro seat is over a stock AE71 seat. The Recaro makes it worthwhile to drive

PLUS.... you all know how I covet information......... and I LOVE finding crap out about my car... or the parts...

A recent posting in the toymods.au forum was on Recaro seats......

http://www.toymods.org.au/foru...Guide

I will not post the photos... they're are waaaaaay to many, but go and check it out for yourselves... a good education.

ANYWAY.... I posted up my recent Recaros...

pics above......... and Respect! Respect! Respect!

a2coupe2a @ toymods.au Wrote:Those are "cop car" recaros. They came as factory equipment in some of the lumina(iirc) cop cars. Im not positive what the back code would be the the bottom code is an A. (flat base = A).

hahahahahahaha.... I LOOOOOOOOVE it Thumbs up!

Something so "right" about Dan sitting in cop car recaros Evil Evil

Dan -

09-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Surreptitious.....
Wow... no updates in 6 months..... Huh

I've been enjoying it most of the time. I FINALLY got the passenger Recaro mounted. It was just before a meet in Tacoma Washington, at PSTOF 2011

(PSTOF = Puget Sound Toyota Owners Festival)

Here are a few b&w photos taken @ a much smaller car show, a few weeks before the PSTOF meet

So, the PSTOF meet was on August 11th, 2011. Joanne(my wife) and I drove up to Tacoma(about 140 miles each way), and we came home with this....

Best in Show Huh Huh

Dan -

09-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Surreptitious.....
Thumbs up! the car looks stunning. Great job. About the GT emblem if you place it on the rear wing I would place it to the out most right corner. (2nd pciture)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
09-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Surreptitious.....
robokill Wrote:Thumbs up! the car looks stunning. Great job. About the GT emblem if you place it on the rear wing I would place it to the out most right corner. (2nd pciture)

+1