Some parts that i sell
08-29-2006, 11:03 PM
Some parts that i sell
EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN.

If i know what i have to pay i take that dicision. When Mr. Taxman decides to make me pay, there is no way back.

So there is a difference between new and 2nd hand??

The parts sold by Max Misawa are some new and some 2nd hand. He has to put an invoice on it and based on that the taxes are made up.

Aint it an option to lower the price on the invoice or why would this be dangerous?
Find all posts by this user
08-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Some parts that i sell
krijn,

Taxes in holland is a simple gamble.. If your lucky they'll ignore the package, if you're unlucky you'll get a whole lot of tax... Officially you are supposed to declare your shipment.. A number of shipment companies do this for you based on the invoice that comes with your shipment. If you don't declare your shipment and the customs desides to check your shipment you can expect a nice fine. If your shipment company checks it for you then you're safe but you always pay the tax.
Also if you import less then 45 euro's worth of goods privately, you don't pay any tax.

If you do everything officially you basically have to pay 2 things. First you pay "Invoer rechten" (import tax) over your buy amount and your shipping amount. Offcourse knowing how much this tax is is depending on the country you ship from and the sort of goods you're shipping. You can find info about it on http://www.douane.nl but basically you can't find exact amounts. I always guestimate it around 10%
Second you have to pay BTW (sales tax or VAT). This is fixed on 19%.

So say that you bought 80 euros worth of stuff + 20 euro's of shipping, you've paid max 100 euros'.
You then pay 10% import tax, so the total amount is 110 euros.
You then pay 19% VAT, so total amount will be 110 + 21 = 131 euros.

So you end up paying 131 euro's in total.

I'm going to be ordering a big bunch of things with max somewhere this week so we can share shipping costs. I'm just waiting for a phonecall from my mate in Germany that I'm getting some money back from a deal that didn't go through. I'm hoping that all gets settled tomorow.

The big plus on combining the shipping is that we save alot on shipping costs. The downside is offcourse that a big package is more likely to be noticed and we'll more likely end up just paying the tax.

All in all, our goverment gets rich, while neither Max, nor the manufacturer of these parts really makes anything.... So don't vote for Balkenende and kick Wouter Bos in the nuts for me please. Long Live HongKong 27% income tax and thats it.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
08-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Some parts that i sell
hey Mux, let me know when you want to order from Max. I also will order 1 item fr0m Max this week. So maybe we can save in shipping price?

I think we need to talk with Max about this.

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
08-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Some parts that i sell
Thanks Mux,

It's finally clear to me; to bad it costs 30% if they catch you.

The calculation you make is for a "particulier", i do have the possibilitie to buy through a company. Does this change alot or are there other risks involved?

And the 30% is calculated over the sum on the invoice.
Is it an option to change the amount of money on the invoice, or are here risks involved to?
08-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Some parts that i sell
krijn,

it only gets worse for companies mate Smile

With companies you always pay the taxes, you have to keep your books in order so they check.. when you do private import they don't keep a to keen eye on it unless if you start importing hundreds and hundreds of euros worth of goods

With companies you have to understand that their goal is to eventually sell the goods on with a profit, and whatever profit they make, they have to then pay tax over that profit aswell, so the goverment starts to make even more money on it!

Yes you can tinker with the invoice which is offcourse highly illegal and if they suspect something they will ask you for bank transfer information and that sorta thing and if it all don't add up, big big fine. Again they only really look at these things if you're a company and regularly ship things. They really dont care for a private person shipping that 100 euro item, while the invoice sais you got a nonexising 50% discount or free shipping or something to get it under that 45 eurosBig Grin (well when you overdo it they'll probably ask questions).
Do keep in mind that the value you specify on the invoice is directly related to your insurance value so if the goods get lost, its byebye money...

Still, especially with second hand stuff, or with orders like these where we're shipping loads of stuff from different people together with loads of separate payments.... Big Grin

Problem for me is that I do want to start my own company in a few months so I need to start figuring this stuff out for real Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

08-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Some parts that i sell
on the brake rotors i can sell them for 25 each
i found a more reliable source
the price is the same for me
but i get the parts the same day
so i do not have to order them and wait 5~15 days like before

Max

[email protected]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Some parts that i sell
hey guys i have a lot of used stuff i need to sell
i am really busy lately with family stuff bt if you just e-mail me i will try to get it done as fast as i can
thanks

Max

[email protected]
10-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Some parts that i sell
any news about the power mirrors Max ???

AE86 FANATIC!!!
10-31-2006, 05:30 AM
Some parts that i sell
e-mail me

[email protected]

Max

[email protected]
11-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Some parts that i sell
Just picked up

Just picked up 6 front Tokico HTS front shocks and 4 rear Tokico HTS rear shocks and 1 clock bezel at the post office. 380 euro's worth of import tax, big middle finger to the dutch goverment but thats the way things work.

Max, much thanks for all the trouble, these goodies will find their way onto our cars very soon!

Pics to follow soonBig Grin

Anyways, took some time, mainly getting things organised at our end, but once the deal was done, fast handling on Max's side, and dispite some PC crash problems causing some contact problems I would say A+ service! I recommend doing business with him again any day.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sell AE86 Wheels JonnyAE86 1 5,206 05-22-2007 08:54 PM
Last Post: JonnyAE86
  Sell - Brand New AE86 Rare JonnyAE86 23 21,053 05-22-2007 12:25 PM
Last Post: Mux213
  Sell - AE85 Engine 3A JonnyAE86 1 3,155 04-26-2007 05:04 AM
Last Post: JonnyAE86