Shopping list help!
06-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Shopping list help!
Hello every one!

First i would like to thank every one for a great forum, so thanks!

Now to get right to the point, My 84 levin is for the moment undergoing a transformation from fun dalycar to extreme drifter.
And now i need help shoping for coilovers, swaybars, control arms, camber plats and lateral rods.......

What i need your help doing is to come up with manufactures for these products and of course if a have missed somethings!

Coilovers:
Cusco:
Only manufacture i could find that both make front and rear to the ae86..

swaybars
Tanabe and cusco

Control arms
?

Camber plates
?

lateral rods
?

What have i missed? the whole suspension is going to be redone.
And what do you recomand? even how many of each part i need would be of great help, i do not want to miss anything.

Best regards
Daniel
Find all posts by this user
06-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Shopping list help!
Nice to get you here...

But where are the pics... We're interested in your project...

Gabriel Tyler has many good-looking parts for drifters, http://www.techtoytuning.com
06-26-2005, 01:33 AM
Shopping list help!
I just lookt thru my cd:s since i rebooted my computer, but i couldn´t find any, so i will have to hope kristian AE86 still got some pics of it before.
For the moment the hole car is strippt and undergoing some seriouse rust treatment. I can get you some pics of this on monday.

I will post under prodject in a near future what other modifications that will be done but not yet. I just need to sort everything out before, will post a specs list when every thing is in place.

Couldn´t get your link to function.
Thanks
Best regards
Daniel
06-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Shopping list help!
Hey joel,

like toypower sais, check out technotoytuning (T3), you'll find everything you need there.

http://www.paradiseracing.com also has front coilovers but you need to modify a stock strut while the T3 is just a direct fit. Paradise was working on a rear coilover, you'd need to email luis about that one.

You dont need to go coilover btw. Coilovers are nice when you are going to do drifting one day, and rallying the next. If you just wanne go drifting it'll be a lot cheaper to just get some good (TRD) springs and koni's.

Good luck finding what you needSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
06-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Shopping list help!
Thanks Mux213!

Yes of course i could go springs and shocks, but the plan of the car is do next year both compete in drag and drift(engine swap from race to race) so i would need all the suspention tuning i could get.

I´m sure that i will get all the things i need thanks to you guys!

Best regards
Daniel
06-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Shopping list help!
Daniel,

swapping engines?? Damn sounds like alot of work each timeSmile

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you'll get what you want. Personally, I would trust using normal springs alot more then coilovers if you are going to drag race it. Thats gonne be alot of force on two little shock mounting points....

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
06-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Shopping list help!
Hi again!

Of course there will be alot of work, but with training there should go alot faster. and mux there's still a spot on the workteam so i think you will fix it Tongue

Yes i can see what you mean but i will need the range that the coilovers provide. and we are not taking low 9:s must for the fun of it....

best regards
Daniel
06-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Shopping list help!
I actually think you've given us a idea for the shoplinks thread.

I'm thinking that, although it may take some work, we could do a parts list on the shoplinks thread for chassis, engine, brake parts etc... and list all the parts on the main page with direct links to save people from searching through many different shops to find what they are after. If no one else is up to this task, when I get some free time I may do it myself and it may help for people to add to it frequently. You guys wll love it for sure Thumbs up!
06-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Shopping list help!
Joel, somewhere in the forum we have a thread with shops.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Shopping list help!
Hi!

Yes i found several yesterday and i ended up going throu all of the took me about 6hours, and a lot more confuced then before! every one got diffrent names for the same product.....

A Thread sounds like a great idea hope you can pull it of! would make my life a whole lot easier.

thanks guys

Best regards
daniel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Part List CHACAMAN 2 3,206 06-23-2007 07:39 AM
Last Post: jondee86
  Parts crossreference list Mux213 16 13,888 02-25-2005 02:04 AM
Last Post: The Doctor