Removal of front seat belts - side trim ?
02-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:If it is what I think it is, it's a very small piece of plastic where the belt comes though the panel. You can slot it to remove the belt, do it in a place where it wont damage the belt when you put it back and there should be no problem.
It is all about the small black/blue/whatevercoloryourinterioris panel around the beld covering where the belt comes from. So if you remove your seatbelts (four point harness? Tongue ) and you don't want a big gaping hole you place it back. But still you have a small thin opening, but leaving this open shouldn't be a problem Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Removal of front seat belts - side trim ?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks banpei, very helpful. Not seen many good pics of 86 interior.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Removal of front seat belts - side trim ?]
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2007, 05:36 AM
I've dealt with that in a bit of a silly manner:
The seatbelts the car came with were not locking properly, so i took a trip to a scrapyard and got a pair from an old Tercel. Fitting them was a frustration within itself, but the main problem was placing the abovementioned slit-plates. I had to cut them in order to slide the new belts in, because the Tercel's floor mounts had the bolts fixed in them, but in order to take them off the old belts it was no issue - i managed to bend them enough to pass the buckle-head through. Using a screwdriver i bent it enough for the edge of the buckle to hold it open and pivoted the rest out. They are quite flexible like that [at least mine were]. If you're afraid you'll break them - cut them at an upward anlge on one side of the slit - that way you'd be able to slide the belt out and when you place them back it won't be visible unless you look at it from above, in which case I'd be wondering what on earth you're doing sticking your head in the B-column...
Cheers and good luck with that.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4AGE cylinder head plug removal Ivan141 5 1,225 09-30-2023 09:47 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Sill removal totta Crolla 3 1,398 09-14-2022 06:30 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Bucket seat prices gh0st 5 2,048 01-23-2022 11:44 PM
Last Post: AlexKTM
  Rear Seat Belt Question sleepercivic 5 9,140 06-29-2017 09:30 PM
Last Post: banpei