01-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Project from Denmark
Wish it was me... Crying

Restoring my AE86, all the way... Going JDM style Big Grin
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/p/150463#150463
Find all posts by this user
01-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Project from Denmark
Wel, it certainly looks you are on the right path.
Usually I get a dip in the middle of a project when there are so many things to do that oversight becomes impossible.
But I just keep on going because at one point things are starting to get done and that is when I get the fun back. Smile
01-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Project from Denmark
Know what you mean, I am at that stage now, the car can't become more disassemblet then it is, and there is rust everywhere you look... It's now many people give up. But I have used the past two months looking for parts to use on my own shell, and collecting even more new part's for the project.
But now where I have almost all the part's I need for the Project, it can only go forward, and I am looking forward to start welding the shell, so that I can get my new rear 1/4 panel and the roof on it. That will be a mile stone for me Smile

Look at my part's room, full of new parts, except the interior, but have collected many parts for the interior, so that it will look as good as new Thumbs up!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Project from Denmark]

01-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Project from Denmark
Hahaha, I got a shed like that too, almost time to clear it all out!
Just hang in there, it will take a while but I can tell you it is worth it. Smile
01-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Project from Denmark
It will be fun once the shell is painted, and you just pull new parts down from the shelf, and put on to the car. Cool

I am having all the bolt's nut and so on, sent electric galvanizing so that they become like new, a lot cheaper them buying new ones from Toyota, the charge a minimum of 1 Euro pr bolt. And there is a lot of bolt, nut and screws on a car. Tongue

03-06-2013, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 10:15 PM by Vaptor.)
Project from Denmark
A little news from my build Smile

Have not made much progress the past two months, have moved, so had to pack a lot of parts, parts for at least 1½ car... Also been selling out of my spare parts. So have made some deals around the world. Cool

A set of brand new Sills Tongue

A new boot floor...

A brand new upper and lower rear panel, a set of Mint White lines is on the way Thumbs up!

The last piece is a Brand new sliding Sun Roof panel. Smile

Got a very god deal on parts from Toyota 25% discount, so bought a new front for my car, plus a lot boat load of other parts.

Cant wait to get working on my AE86 again, have planed to use my Easter holiday on my car. She needs some love Wink

03-27-2013, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2017 05:53 PM by Vaptor.)
Project from Denmark
Time for another update Smile
Have been working on the right rear inner arch.

My idea was to join these tree pieces in to one, thought that the part from the red shell was in a good shape...

But after sandblasting, I could see that there was a lot of rust holes in it, and it would take a lot of work, to get it rust free... :s

Starting to cut some of the bad metal out, to be replaced by some new sheet metal.

Fixed the first part of it, looks pretty good. Smile

Next area to cutted out, hand bend the round corner, got a blister from it Big Grin

Even more rust to be removed, what fun work...

Nearing the end of the rust work, just have to replace to hole arch piece Confused

Found my new Rear Quarter panel, to fix inner arch to, so that I am sure that it also will fit. The black inner arch piece is a brand new piece, so that's lucky for me, makes a lot easier to make a new inner arch from what I have. Thumbs up!

Manege to fit the two pieces together, so that they line completely up the Rear qouter panel. Smile

Next piece fitted to the inner arch, at this point I really hoped that the end result would be great, as I had putted in lot of hours in to it.

Now I just needed to make new pieces, to replace the inner arch.

Now all the pieces are tacked together, just needs to be welded and grinded. Thumbs up!

After welding and grinding, think it looks awsome, and it still fits in to the Rear quater panel. Cool

After some paint, you can almost not see the diffrence from a New part, can't wait to put it on the car Hurray!

The rear roof panel, needs to sandblasted and have the drill holes closed, not much work compered to the Inner arch Wink

The finished result Thumbs up!

Still working on the car, during the Easter holidays, so stay tuned for more Cool

03-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Project from Denmark
Excellent work!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Project from Denmark
Looks really great. Can't wait to see what's next.

AE86 - 4AGE - 1984
My project - http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/another-d...on/t/13190
03-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Project from Denmark
this is epic Thumbs up! good job!!!

drift ae86:308bhp/435nmEDIT:384pk/498nm!!!!>now DEATH)))