Posting Excel data to the forum
03-25-2013, 09:33 PM
for others to use your excel albeit not see it instantly you can zip the excel and add it as an attachment. that way at least others can use the same basis.

@ditn and others:
I actually have the same in mind of doing an AE86/4A-GE almanac style page with all the info I and others have gathered over the years. I won't be able to start on this project until late this year though.
I'll keep you in mind when things start to move on this. I have talked to other 'gurus' about this already and I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make it work with some help of the community and present it in a useful manner.
An extensive FAQ will be in there too to cover those ever returning questions that pop up all the time in every single car forum.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2013, 10:16 PM
i have the same idea,currently working on it when i have time
time to bundle that info,now there guides everywhere would be much easier on 1 site. Smile
for example like this page on my rally website link to website but better.
Find all posts by this user
03-25-2013, 10:22 PM
ditn Wrote:i have the same idea,currently working on it when i have time
time to bundle that info,now there guides everywhere would be much easier on 1 site. Smile
for example like this page on my rally website link to website but better.

Once I finished my vacation I'll contact you so we can share our ideas. There's no reason we both do a page of we could make a better one together Smile

AE86 ex-daily
03-25-2013, 10:24 PM
idd Thumbs up!
i have a domain reserved but its a be one..
Find all posts by this user
03-25-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm sure Banpei would be more than willing to accommodate such an effort on our very own and dear AEU86.org. I'm sure that it would be relatively easy with the correct bits of software installed, but you'll have to come up with the suggestions as he is a bit of a busy beaver at the moment:wink:

[here's hoping I didn't promise too much]

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-26-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm always a busy beaver... Wink
Unfortunately never busy enough on my own car. Crying

Anyway, we could accommodate such a thing here as well as we did it in the past for other resources (writeups, colorcodes, hachilife, manuals, etc). It kind of depends on what sort of data you wish to display and how you wish to display the info.

For instance for me it is very very easy to create some custom script from a database/spreadsheet but if the displaying is odd it would become a bit more difficult.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Posting Excel data to the forum]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me find the forum again :) olithor 4 6,273 09-14-2009 12:45 AM
Last Post: olithor
  whats a good japanese 86 forum ? Unholy FD3S 4 5,998 03-12-2007 05:47 AM
Last Post: Unholy FD3S
  [Drifting4France.Com] A new drift forum for France... dragonnoir 6 6,091 10-13-2005 09:41 PM
Last Post: Mux213
  Obtaining RSS news feed for active forum topics. Ian.G 2 4,671 06-18-2005 07:06 PM
Last Post: banpei
  AE86 forum from Portugal nmwisima 3 4,539 06-09-2005 10:33 PM
Last Post: adomz