New Fuel Pump for the 4AGZE
11-17-2010, 11:23 AM
nmwisima Wrote:Uzelac, my gze was running lean with the oem 86 fuel pump.

So ? Smile
I don't see Heshan said which pump he used before, so i didn't want to make any assumptions. If he used stock 4AGE on 4AGZE, especially 20+ years old, i guess he could have some problems.

What is a fact is that 255 LPH is more than enough for much bigger engines, even Turbo ones. But, it can't hurt smaller engines, and since he already got it, he should use it.
Find all posts by this user
11-17-2010, 11:30 PM
yes I AM using the stock 4AGE pump so upgrading it to the new pump would show gain.

Where would I see the most gain? High Revs or allover the rev range?

Cheated on my いたずらな女の子 and now I can't get enough of her..
11-18-2010, 01:18 AM
In situation where fuel consumption is high. High revs and heavy acceleration, especially combined Smile
11-18-2010, 07:29 PM
So after 6K rpms with throttle fully down I should see quite a bit of improved acceleration right?? Smile Smile Smile

11-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Probably not, sorry.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
11-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Uzelac Wrote:
nmwisima Wrote:Uzelac, my gze was running lean with the oem 86 fuel pump.

So ? Smile
I don't see Heshan said which pump he used before, so i didn't want to make any assumptions. If he used stock 4AGE on 4AGZE, especially 20+ years old, i guess he could have some problems.

What is a fact is that 255 LPH is more than enough for much bigger engines, even Turbo ones. But, it can't hurt smaller engines, and since he already got it, he should use it.

I'm using the same 4AGE fuel pump on my AE92 running the same engine and I don't have any problems at all. The 4AGE pump is ok unless you want more KW or you are planning on putting in bigger injectors then the new fuel pump would be advisible.
My mechanic told me that when I am going to run the ZE with a turbo, then I would need to change my fuel to a bigger pump.

Heshan, if you want to see greater gains on higher revs, then camshafts, port&polish and bigger injectors would be your best option seeing that you've got a bigger fuel pump. The SC14 would also be a better charger for that.

Current - 2006 Run X RSI TRD spec
Current - 1991 AE92 Conquest 4AGTE

Ex - 1992 AE92 Corolla 4AGTE(175KW&295NM)
Ex - 1983 1.8 SE Liftback(headworks and side draughts)
11-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Well I think ur AE92 pump must be a having a larger flow than my 87 pump... I'm hoping I'll see some gain with the following:

1. FMIC 2" piping (changed my mind abt 2.5")
2. Exhaust 2.5" piping mandrel being ended at the passenger door with just a center barrel (what do you guys think???)
3. Cold air intake where I'm trying to cut a bit of the hood off right at the front and put a fiber intake pipe wide enough to cover the entire length of the grill and connect it to the Filter which is near the left side headlight

what do you guys think?

11-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Fmic? Only when running higher boost.
Cold air piping-> dont touch the hood as its worth much more then intake piping. Plenty of non destructive options for cold air.
Exhaust? Good idea generally. Your ears will regret the center exhaust unless you plan on using earplugs and a helmet all the time. Just forgo the 2hp and make it a rear exit with two straight through mufflers.

Basically on a stock SC, the ae86 4agze is best enjoyed at around 170hp. It'll be light, dead nuts reliable and fast enough to have tons of fun.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
11-21-2010, 11:47 AM
heshan Wrote:Well I think ur AE92 pump must be a having a larger flow than my 87 pump... I'm hoping I'll see some gain with the following:

1. FMIC 2" piping (changed my mind abt 2.5")
2. Exhaust 2.5" piping mandrel being ended at the passenger door with just a center barrel (what do you guys think???)
3. Cold air intake where I'm trying to cut a bit of the hood off right at the front and put a fiber intake pipe wide enough to cover the entire length of the grill and connect it to the Filter which is near the left side headlight

what do you guys think?

I agree with NoHachi about the hood and that the exhaust must run all the way to the back.
I also agree with the FMIC as he might change his mind and go the turbo route some day.
Get yourself a smaller crank pulley like a Cusco or HKS to get a bit more boost. Thumbs up!

Current - 2006 Run X RSI TRD spec
Current - 1991 AE92 Conquest 4AGTE

Ex - 1992 AE92 Corolla 4AGTE(175KW&295NM)
Ex - 1983 1.8 SE Liftback(headworks and side draughts)
11-22-2010, 10:54 AM
I was running stock 4age pump on my GZE and had a lack of fuel on wide open throttle from 5000rpm up. If you back off the gaspedal you can feel it runs better. This tells it runs lean, very dangerous! can break your engine!!

What I have understand is that stock pump (new) delivers 125lph, gze need 190lph. You can by the wallboro255 (its the same as in Impreza gt turbo I believe) or try to find a mr2/supra turbo one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20v BT - which oil pump? Mylesmck 4 2,037 06-21-2022 04:51 PM
Last Post: pack
  Fuel pump issue DJexor 11 3,793 04-29-2022 05:45 AM
Last Post: Bean
  fuel line hose from the pump Wikizz 4 5,446 10-16-2017 07:11 PM
Last Post: jdm86gtz
  4age smallport oil pump in bigport engine? ditn 2 7,629 12-06-2014 08:10 PM
Last Post: ditn
  Oil pump question megabob 2 4,638 03-05-2014 05:37 AM