Mine's E.C.U Question
08-12-2010, 04:55 AM
Mine's E.C.U Question
Hi there

I just brought a Mine's E.C.U (Zenki Version) from Japan

I wonder is there any chance to put this little gadget in my JDM Kouki AE86?

Many thanks in advance
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Mine's E.C.U Question
for plug n' play, no it's not the same pins

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Mine's E.C.U Question]

but maybe you can adjust the beam...

don't forget european and US models have not the same pins as the JDM.

USDM pin diagram :
Find all posts by this user
08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Mine's E.C.U Question
Hi there

Thank you very much for your reply! That is a great start!

I have a JDM Spec Kouki AE86, but the Mine's E.C.U that I've just brought is a Zenki Spec version. I wonder which wire I need to change in order to get my little gadget working.

Looking forward to some answers. THANKS!!!
08-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Mine's E.C.U Question
looking closer I realized that what was different was presented as unknown or unused. Then you can plug your ecu without worries.
Anyway, the cables that could toast the ecu are the same on both generations, so you need not fear.

more informations + picture

test, and tell us Smile

your ecu is made for witch set up (camsaft, ITB or TVIS...)
08-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Mine's E.C.U Question
Thanks superli

I will post the Mine's E.C.U instruction manual & setting diagram soon on here.
10-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Mine's E.C.U Question
Hi Everyone

My car is a 1987 Kouki AE86. Just installed the Mine's E.C.U today and I did felt the different right away. Yes, it did rev passed the redline and 180km/h barrier. I am looking to do a dyno run this weekend as well.

My engine mods is relatively simple. K&N Replacement Panel Filter + TRD Spark Plugs and TRD Leads + Fujitsubo Manifold and Fujitsubo Exhaust System. (Standard O.E.M CAT)

Here is what my E.C.U looks like:

Those are the instruction of what I have got for the Mine's E.C.U. I think one day those might be useful for someone. I also contacted Mine's Japan and request for a full instruction manual. Let's hope they will contact me back.

Happy Driving!
10-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Mine's E.C.U Question
i'm happy you have fun with this ECU.
It's interresting that you have noticed changes because usualy on NA engine it's on ignition timing that we have most of gain.
But according to your translation of the instruction manual you have the factory setting for ignition, if we take a look closer to your picture.
the fuel map should be very nice tuned Smile
10-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Mine's E.C.U Question
Mines ecu looks the same as the Cusco MFE ecu, switches etc. Does the Mines ecu have a manual screw adjustment for ignition timing like the Cusco one ? Thanks for posting the instructions, I gave up with my Cusco ecu because of no instructions.

An analogue brain in a digital World
10-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Mine's E.C.U Question
I don't think Mine's do any adjustment dial for the ECU. The Mine's one is a pretty much and play. I have my setting my at 6% leaner on the fuelling at the moment.
10-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Mine's E.C.U Question
Just had a look at my Cusco ecu and I'm sure it is the same as the your Mines one. I'm going to re-fit it and have a play with the switches as per your diagram just to check they act the same.
The small round hole next to the rectangular hole for the switches is a potentiometer and turning this changes the ignition timing.
Presumably if you leave switch no.1 of the 6 switches off no fuel change takes place and switching it on allows either rich or lean of switch 2 and the percentage change shown for switches 3 and 4, is that correct ?
Any idea what switches 3 and 4 of the first bank do ?
Thanks tc

An analogue brain in a digital World

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  show me your front bumpers!! and identify mine koh 7 5,972 04-08-2008 01:48 AM
Last Post: koh
  put a head of Celica 2.0 GT ST162 16v (3SGE) in mine 4a-ge Emanuelae86 4 4,616 10-01-2006 06:54 PM
Last Post: Corey