Legends de boucles du Spa
02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Was at the boucles de Spa rally in belgium yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see at least 4 hachi's there. 3 of them driving in the rally, and one at the parking (grey/black zenki coupe, someone from the forum perhaps?).

The first one I saw was the white Duval ae86. Was expecting lots from this one, but turned out to be quite dissapointing to watch. Dunno what was the matter with the car/driver, but where everyone was going sideways like a pro, this one took the fun corners like a granny.
Also had a very weird setting on the suspension with the rear set really high and the front very low.. cant imagine that being a nice setting to drive it, but who knows?

The red/white toyota f1 colored car didnt make it to the military grounds with all the driftable corners so I missed out on that. Did have nice new konig b-bombs on it though.

Finally the red&yellow coupe saved what was left of the ae86's honour.. whoever was driving it was going sideways like a pro! A joy to watch someone handle the car like it was meant to be handled.

Anyway: enough words, time for pics.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2009, 02:28 PM
nice to see!

so it was nice to see those cars going around the rally tracks? Big Grin
i missed out on this, but chose to drive around the track rather then watch other cars in the cold Tongue

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:A joy to watch someone handle the car like it was meant to be handled.

I really do not think mister Toyota had been planning al this drifting stuff 25 years ago when he was designing the Corolla..
02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi Ivan, i was also there but didn't take pictures.

In the military zone, i was in the long right corner after the ground/gravel zone. I think it's just at the right in your last picture.

The Duval car was driven by his father... Confused Last year he was driving a ae86 too.

It was a very good rally.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Legends de boucles du Spa]
02-15-2009, 11:24 PM
I enjoyed it too, nothing too spectacular (waaaayyy to much porches), but much more fun to watch than all the modern 4-wd/fwd crap you get in most rallyes.

Was the grey black hachi your's Didier, or was there another belgian hachi driver present? It was parked a few cars away from where we parked in Francorchamps.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
No, it was not mine. Mine is bleue but was there with another car.

I know 3 mens who were there and then having Grey/Black ae86 Thumbs up!

Regards

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Legends de boucles du Spa]