Kei Office ST
07-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Kei Office ST
Anybody had any experience with Kei Office ST suspension. Is it drift specific suspension, or is it more suited to grip. I know its advetised on a few US drift websites.

Heres a pic.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Kei Office ST]
Find all posts by this user
07-31-2005, 12:23 PM
Kei Office ST
never heard of it.
whats the price?

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Kei Office ST] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Kei Office ST
It's bloody expensive...
Dont know if it's drift or track specific, but my guess is the latter.
Kei office is Keichii Tsuchiya's very own brand of suspension components, he tested all this stuff himself so you can be sure that it will make the most out of the ae86's suspension. The price is high though.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
07-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Kei Office ST
How much would a set of Kei Office cost?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Kei Office ST]
07-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Kei Office ST
At http://www.driftfactory.com they ask 2800 shipped to the US. I can only hope that that's front and rear.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
07-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Kei Office ST
Yeah thats front and rear. Thats about £1600 GBP, too expensive for me, but more interested because Kei Office make most for the suspension for D1, and I think Ueo, might be running KO, or KO/Revolver hybrid
07-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Kei Office ST
So a Kei-Office coilover kit would double the price of your AE86 Big Grin Big Grin

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Kei Office ST] http://www.jdmbits.com
07-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Kei Office ST
Well some people spend about the same just on wheels, so what ever your into really.

The suspension on the two other cars I have modified cost more than the car - £400 coilovers on a £250 mk1 golf, and £400 springs and shocks on a £350 BMW Smile
08-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Kei Office ST
The trick would be to find out what sort of inserts K-O is using and what springrates. From there you should be able to to recreate the setup for about a quarter of the price, but the exact same specifications.

2800 would also buy you a complete custom 3-way adjustable coilover set from any of the renowned race/rally manufacturers (Moton?Proflex etc). That way you should be able to setup the car for whatever use you see fit).

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
08-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Kei Office ST
Yeah, I think for 'drift' suspension, spring rates are pretty much more down to driver preferance, qualty dampers are the most critical bit, as you say 3-way adjustable is probably the way to go, as it can be set-up, and more finely tuned, to each driver than what KO tells you the dampers should be set to.

But on the other hand, how cool is it that your car could have suspension set up but the 'drift king' on it Smile