Poll: Do we have to many sections?
Yeah, damnit, scratch most of them!
Yeah, a few can be lost but its pretty okay
Nah, I like it the way it is just fine
Heck no, I'm missing plenty of sections!
[Show Results]

Is there too many sections here on AEU86.org? (Poll)
10-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Hi guys,

I am relatively new to the site so forgive me for sounding rude. This is just constructive criticism.... I think!

But does anybody else think that there are way too many sections on this forum? I've rarely seen a forum with so many sections per capita and I do feel it dilutes and divides the site somewhat.

Just thought I would open this to a vote if poss.

Cheers
Pete
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Well.

we have not had this board that long realy - so we arn´t 100% sure as to what parts are really needed & not needed - hence better to have a few "extras" Cool

Kris Thumbs up!

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Personally I think there are way to many which leads me to visit this site a little less often. I persoanlly like the simple design of http://www.hachiroku.net/forum which is reaaaaaaaaaaly easy to navigate (though I might be a little biased :wink:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Is there too many sections ...rg? (Poll)]
http://www.hachiroku.net
10-12-2005, 07:36 AM
I do kind of agree with you, it might be a good idea to have a good look through what we have and what we really use and then do some reorganizing. The thing is I never really notice much of all the sections because I navigate using the 'view posts since last visit" button. I'll have a look see in the moderator forum if there is already a discussion on this subject and start one if there isnt one there.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-12-2005, 08:19 AM
i partially agree as well... sometimes q/a and "technical" are a dillema.. and perhaps geberal, new members, offtopic.. could be joined somehow..

but it doesnt bother me to have such separation.. its nice to have initial d "subforum", so anyone wanting to discuss ID ca do it there... other that are not interested can just ignore it.
10-12-2005, 09:06 AM
I've started a little discussion with the other mod's and admins, will let you know what comes out. Dont expect the forum to change much if we decide to make some changes, but I think sections like initial D, shuto trials and games might be merged into a single section.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-12-2005, 09:09 AM
I do agree with you guys partly. I do think we admins went overboard on a couple of sections. Like whats the difference between offtopic and blah? And between Q/A and Technical. We may deside to merge them.

That said I don't think having many sections is a bad thing aslong as the difference between them is clear. With the volume of postings increasing on the board it will be harder to deside which information is interesting to you and which isn't.

The regional sections are a good example, they add alot of volume to our site and may make our site look overwelming, but at the same time, once you figure out you can ignore the other regional sections as they should only contain topics relative to that region of the world, it becomes alot better (this is a task where our moderators need to keep a sharp eye out, if a topic is opened in a regional section that is interesting to all, it should be moved to one of the general sections)

Another is track and drift, there are many people that love track, but hate drift, and many that love drift and hate track. Luckely most people like bothSmile But splitting them made a whole lot of sence.

Another, look at the initial D section, there are many many hachi roku owners that don't care less about initial D, they probably like the fact its a separate section, they can ignore it and they will never be bothered by this stupid cartoon.
People that do like initial D do have a place on the board to express their effection with it. We did scale down the initial D section some time ago when we desided that we realy want to focus on the hachi roku, people really interested in discussing initial D in depth are better off at one of the initial D only forumsSmile

And so on..

Anyways, I'll take this up with banpei and see if we want to clean up a little. But really, we don't have that many sections on the board if you ignore the regional sections for a minute. We are however getting a volume of posting that having to few sections will really become a problem because you simply won't see the good threads between the 'bad' threads anymore..

*edit* just turned this into a real poll

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-12-2005, 10:04 AM
They are so many if you try to read them all - every day :-)
Just skip most of international sections.
10-12-2005, 10:18 AM
IMO:
Blah only contains 27 topics, so I think it will be wise to move them to offtopic. Wink
Q/A and Technical can be merged as well.

I'd say we make a media section which will contain:
- Series, e.g. Initial D, Shuto Trials, Best Motoring, etc.
- Homebrew photos and movies
- Games
I'd think this will clear things up a bit. Smile

I've also proposed something about the regional forums but I'd like to hear the opinion from the other moderators. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Is there too many sections ...rg? (Poll)]
10-12-2005, 11:25 AM
I m with you Banpei.
We have a lot, but we donot need to change the forum.
Merging some will do the trick.

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Is there too many sections ...rg? (Poll)] http://www.jdmbits.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AEU86 shop renewed! banpei 4 1,069 07-10-2023 12:26 PM
Last Post: pack
  Report website problems here! banpei 193 254,682 07-26-2019 11:43 PM
Last Post: banpei
  AEU86 keiring adomz 0 3,188 10-21-2018 06:20 PM
Last Post: adomz
  Design skills wanted for AEU86 logo banpei 68 46,308 11-17-2016 11:45 AM
Last Post: mad.matt
  Age poll! Mux213 177 222,395 11-17-2016 10:18 AM