Is Redex suited to the 4AGE?
08-25-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm curious if this would do more harm than good Dumb question
Find all posts by this user
08-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Run it on Optimax only, you dont need additives like that stuff (IMHO)

still no 86
08-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I have noticed a nice change since running on optimax but I thought that some redex would give it a nice clean to run smoother.
08-25-2005, 09:39 PM
So, would anyone advise against this?
08-25-2005, 10:53 PM
redex? Dumb question

Dunno what it is, but if i understand Blueneon's words correctly it's a fuel-additive?

If your engine is running fine now, why adding stuff to the fuel you don't know what's doing with it...
Talked to a guy from an engine shop a few years ago.
When they got an engine which used an oil-additive (different thing, i know) like Slick50 orso, they threw away the engine. Cast-iron block, ready for the junkyard.

It's true that oil-additive's like Slick50 do help to stop the oil consuming, but after a while it comes back, and alot harder then before Smile

Fuel-additives aren't that aggressive, but i still stand with my point, why putting something in your car that's unnecessary?

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
08-26-2005, 10:00 PM
I tested only Castrol fuel additive - works for me.
PS: Today I found toluene here - at 1Eur/l price ! This is perfect race fuel - very high octane rated (120+), can mix it even with 92 octane pump fuel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user