How do you drift ?
11-08-2004, 08:41 PM
How do you drift ?
Aico Wrote:Damn that a 3 hour drive. Well the track seems cheap to hire and it looks good. So it should be worth it.

I once went to Papenburg and that was 3:15hour drive so I can live with it. Do you know howmuch is it to rent the track for 1 whole day?

Would be nice if you can get the 100Euro/person fee, with a group smaller than 10 cars. This way you can organise it more easely.

The beauty is people from the UK, Franch, Belgium and Holland can come to the track.

I don't know how much it would be to rent the track but yesterday there weren't to many people there, must have been about 15 cars in each group, 3 groups! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2004, 10:48 AM
How do you drift ?
Rikard :-) rent it dutch AE86 will gather and drift :-)

I'd love to take my hachi for a sideway round around a track altough i've learned its pretty hard to do some proper sliding with a stock car :-(

Have to get the koni setup and springs fast

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
11-10-2004, 11:10 AM
How do you drift ?
Drifting on a track requires a lot of skill since traction is very good.
You can, however, use the infamous "cluch kick" or shift-lock after initial turn-in, although it puts a lot of strain on all transmission components from the sudden jolt of power. The car will slide out and you can maintain it with accelerator and steering input.
11-10-2004, 11:55 AM
How do you drift ?
Dorito86 Wrote:Drifting on a track requires a lot of skill since traction is very good.
You can, however, use the infamous "cluch kick" or shift-lock after initial turn-in, although it puts a lot of strain on all transmission components from the sudden jolt of power. The car will slide out and you can maintain it with accelerator and steering input.

IMO, its all about the clutch kicks and the shift-locking.. it might be harder on the car, but atleast if your car can survive it.. you KNOW you dont gotta worry about ti breaking during normal driving on the streets haha

power over (mashing the gas) is fun, but will only get you so far..

I have yet to try the 'feint' drift.. seems too hard for my level right now.

The e-brake.. I've never used, and will never use. this is because I feel its a weak ass teqnique for STARTING the drift.. once you're sliding however.. e-brake can be used to adjust your line, etc very easily..
I just dont like to see people use the e-brake to start every damn drift they do, like that guy in Europe with the yellow Levin.. he's good at keeping them going once he gets started, I can appreciate the skill that takes.. but to start every one with the e-brake is just.... weak.

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2004, 12:05 PM
How do you drift ?
looking at the BM 41 movie I just love seeing some of these guys braking hard into a corner and just sliding that car right into a drift not even coming near the accelerator or asfar as I can notice the e-brake. Only when in a drift they hit the accelerator to keep it going. Seems its purely done on a combo of speed and hard braking (or maybe there is a clutch dump in there, I still have to take a closer look at that movie)

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-10-2004, 12:14 PM
How do you drift ?
Mux, watch Driftbible Wink

Keiichi exactly tells you what to do, to make a nice braking drift.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
11-10-2004, 01:52 PM
How do you drift ?
Yeah, go sit in a RWD car and replicate that, it takes practice to learn it.
Watching dritftbible is more usefull as a guideline on the general principle of what you need to do.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-10-2004, 01:54 PM
How do you drift ?
I know, but Mux said he didn't know how they did it (braking while steering to drift).

That's what i meant te say.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
11-10-2004, 02:00 PM
How do you drift ?
Sorry Doc,
didnt see that post.
Anyway, I've done that maybe 3 times, most times it happened to me by accident. It's just carrying too much speed into a turn, braking hard to scrub some speed off and starting to turn in while all the weight is still shifted to the front. Combined with some less-than-gentle steering work this will cause the rear wheels to lose traction.
I'd only recommend practicing this on wet surfaces since the method requires a lot more speed on dry roads.
Anyway, that's what I know about it, I'm no drifter myself.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-10-2004, 02:13 PM
How do you drift ?
Ahh ha or just have no grip on your rear tires.

I have to say i changed my rims ....... 5 weeks or so maybe some longer

I tried so much with my car that i don't have any profile left.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What tires on front in ae86 to drift? What you're using? jakimany 10 17,371 07-01-2008 10:20 PM
Last Post: vladx_kc
  Drift track day by go-drift mrgud 11 11,107 08-13-2007 12:28 PM
Last Post: Apolan
  Drift Day 1 DRIFT UNIT - Pictures and Videos - Lots of AE86 JonnyAE86 4 7,486 07-21-2007 09:09 PM
Last Post: banpei
  You know you're obsessed with drifting when... ZaX 31 25,711 07-18-2005 01:16 PM
Last Post: banpei
  rotorstock drift championship - tripple drift H7ERO 10 10,269 06-23-2005 08:21 AM
Last Post: Ian.G