Hello from New Zealand!
01-05-2008, 03:49 AM
Hello from New Zealand!
Hello to all. Freshly signed up and hoping to have a bit of fun here.

About me: I'm 28, in the process of selling my Sunny Gti back in the UK after recently emigrating to New Zealand. I'm a photographer first and anything else that pays bills second. Member of the EVO forum and drivers club if any of you UK types know of that. I have never owned an AE86 due to numerous financial (read student) reasons but now I'm in NZ where there seem to be more than the UK, the hunt for my very own example will begin.

Hopefully I'll be needing you guys quite a bit. :-)

Hello to everyone!

English dude in NZ. Photographer. Noob. Tall.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Hello from New Zealand!
hi mate. welcome

Hope you find a hachi. Have fun around here. Thumbs up!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hello from New Zealand!]
CumpĀ“s
Filipe Oliveira
Find all posts by this user
01-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Hello from New Zealand!
Hi there if you pm me your email I may sell this one as it is a bit surplus at the moment
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hello from New Zealand!]

welcome to the world of ae86's
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Hello from New Zealand!
PM sent my man. Smile

I should probably add my AE86 history I guess. As stated I've never owned one, but at the age of 18 having dropped of my then Peugeot 405 at the mechanics (again) one of them gave me a lift home in his Jordan F1 yellow road rally AE86. Powered at the time by an 8v 2.0ltr Vauxhall engine I grinned like an idiot and the bug was bitten. I got taken on many of the backroads around Chatsworth house in the UK (remember that from the Lombard RAC Rally of GB?) including one memorable drive up a very twisty hill (like a hill climb) with the Cibies blazing. It was, almost religious.

Shortly after I learned the next door neighbour of a good friend was restoring one (Mercedes bodyshop bloke). Four years later he sold it, after much badgering (like almost every week) to me. Except it was actually to a friend as I had just started uni and couldn't spend my living costs on a car. One the first day of uni I drove through a back road of Derbyshire and spotted a black one on a drive, and again almost four years later, the old woman (only owner) sold it to me. Except having just graduated I was broke so it went to the same friend who bought and wrote off the first one.

I feel like my entire driving history has been overshadowed by these things, and now I think is the time to get to grips with AE86 owenership. I drove both of those my friend bought and loved them. Lots... Thumbs up!

English dude in NZ. Photographer. Noob. Tall.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lyndon Galbraith - New Zealand LyndonAE86 NZ 33 27,556 12-17-2012 12:05 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Hello from USA/New Zealand Kiwimike 4 4,989 03-01-2012 05:25 AM
Last Post: Super86
  Hello hello from Brunei!!! :cheer: berryred 2 4,286 04-28-2011 09:36 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Sort of new member from New Zealand Super86 2 3,625 06-10-2010 11:05 AM
Last Post: Anonymous
  hello hello! Chapstick 5 5,748 05-31-2010 10:09 PM