Heel Toe?
03-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Heel Toe?
I learned the cardriving when i was 11, with a fiat500 1963.

[img name=]http://www.aeu86.org/files/fi/fiat500_1_186.jpg[/img]
I had no other choice then to shift with Double de-clutching. In neutral i had to wait on fullthrottle till about 3 sec to shift in the next gear. Banging head Otherwise it sounds that horrible from the gearpinions, so you'll never miss the right rev again!! That engine has absolutly no power! But it was really funny, exiting and without any stress as well!

Btw: heel'n toe is much easier with standing pedals then the hanging ones. Althout that also works easily.
Find all posts by this user
03-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Heel Toe?
Im over 6ft so all this talk is nonsence to me in an ae86,, no can do, 3 pedals with 1 foot!!!

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
03-29-2008, 04:06 AM
Heel Toe?
I'm 6ft4 and happily revmatching my way..So its definately possible for BigFoots to "heel and toe" in an AE86.. Its easy even..certainly when compared to a miata.
I found about a 2 second improvement on a gymhkhana course, just from revmatching between 2nd and first. Then found another second by just letting the revs drop in second and never bother to shift at all. Smile
I also know that some VERY tallented racedrivers never heel and toe. Just time their shift moments very precisely and use the extra rear brake bias to rotate the car..amazing but true..
It sounds cool though..that must be worth something?

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camber, caster, toe, anti-roll bars, tires, springs...... ZaX 5 24,883 10-29-2004 04:43 PM
Last Post: NoHachi