Hachi wont start !!!
01-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Hachi wont start !!!
Went for a long drive yesterday and parked car up last night. This morning she would not start. The engine is turing over but she does not start. Everything looks fine..

Only thing I did notice is when I remove the 10A EFI fuse and try and start it is exactly same when the 10A EFI fuse is in place. Do I have some kind of EFI problem ? Anybody have any suggestions ??
Find all posts by this user
01-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Hachi wont start !!!
Maybe the fuse has melted?
01-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Hachi wont start !!!
Fuse looks ok the metal is still joined
01-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Hachi wont start !!!
Try turning the engine over a bit with the EFI fuse in. You should be able to smell the petrol fumes at the exhaust, or just take out a sparkplug to see if it's wet. If it is you have an ignition problem.
Also check for possible error codes. If you have a zenki car then look for a loose yellow plug on the firewall and short the two connectors in it. If You have a kouki hachi there is a diagnosis connector box where you need to short terminals T and E1..Then check to see what code the check engine light is blinking. One blink every 10 seconds or so means everything is OK according to the ECU, if it blinks more times per period then you have an error code.

You where having problems with starting before right? Just check if you have fuel like I described and also check spark if possible, then read possible error codes. Check all fuses while your at it.

If the car has both fuel and spark than I suspect the spark being too weak (bad coil, maybe earthing problems), or possibly sloppy injectors.
If you dont have any fuel than check all relays, particularly the one switching the fuel pump (passenger side footwell on LHD hachi's).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Hachi wont start !!!
The car has both a spark and spark plug is wet.
I changed my ignition coil about 3 weeks ago. Its been running fine since I changed it BUT the coil did not fit perfect. I could not get the second bolt in so the coil was held down with one one bolt..Could this be the problem ?
Why would it happen all of a sudden, Ive spent 3 weeks of pure bliss with my hatchi
01-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Hachi wont start !!!
330, is the coil sitting in the right place? Maybe its moved since its held on by one one bolt and is now sending part of the current into your bodywork?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
01-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Hachi wont start !!!
The coil is in the same place and I dont think its going to the bodywork.

What I did do was only change the black part and not the metal thing that sits at the top. But I think its the metal thing at the top that produces the spark so I will change this tomorrow.
Would change it now but its dark in the UK already DAMN these UK winters, missed out on a sunday night drift session Crying

Is this true: A orange yellow spark signifies a weak spark and a blue spark signifies a strong spark ?
01-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Hachi wont start !!!
Ive just checked all the parts that came with the coil. This is the only other part that came with it. What is this ? and what does it do ?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Hachi wont start !!!
I have no idea what that's supposed to be, cant remember seeing anything like it on a hachi before.
Oh, and yes, blue sparks are good sparks..

What coil did you put in? You should get an original one, so you can bolt in in place properly. Snap us a picture if you can so we can have a look at the coil..the metal thing on top is the igniter, it sends the signal to the coil.

Any luck on error codes?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2005, 01:06 AM
Hachi wont start !!!
Quote:the metal thing on top is the igniter

Is it possible the ignitor has gone or is this highly unlikely ? I didnt get an ignitor with the coil, just that white thing in the picture. Not going to fit this now.

The reason the coil does not fit is because I used the original bracket and not the one it came with. I thought it be fine with the original brcaket as what difference does one bolt make. Its been running fine for 3 weeks.
Tomorrow I will put the new bracket on so it fits 100%[/list]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warm start problem DJexor 5 1,571 03-09-2023 10:15 AM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Weak spark, doesn’t start. AlexFourTwenty 4 13,387 12-12-2017 03:35 AM
Last Post: AlexFourTwenty
  Won´t start AlexKTM 6 15,153 12-04-2017 10:05 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Hard start issue kazi 5 6,101 05-23-2017 11:31 PM
Last Post: kazi